Monday, June 15, 2009

Week In Review

The last week has officially kicked my buttocks! I am absolutely exhausted, to say the least. I have not blogged or visited or if I have have not commented since I come straight home from work, cook supper, bath and feed children, do laundry, put children to bed, bathe myself and collapse into bed for a few hours each night. I worked 7 days straight and too many hours to count!!!!

Monday I worked. Boring really.

Tuesday Mason woke up coughing. A deep barking cough. I took him on to school with his pump and inhaler. they used it and nothing was helping. His airways were closing. He was getting lethargic. Thankfully they are trained and know how to handle all types of situations. They called me and after numerous calls to peds office we finally got steroids and he was brought home to stay with my mother's helper. I picked in the garden that day, went to the orchard and was at the Trussville farmer's market until late. I finally got home about 7:30pm.

My daddy's knee gave way completely. He will not see the doctor even though the knee cap is sometimes on the side of his knee.

I took my Mom to the surgeon on Wednesday. He seems to think the spot that was found on the mammogram is a calcium deposit and there is only a 10% chance of it being cancerous. It must be removed though. However, upon examining the same breast he found a "mass" that the mammogram did NOT detect. We were sent to ultrasound and should know something today. They will biopsy/remove both place at once hopefully Thursday of this week......we shall see. Please continue to pray her/us through this. It is a very difficult time.

Thursday was rough. Boys at daycare/preschool at 6am and I off to the market (over an hour's drive). There until after lunch. Home by 2pm, unloaded trucks (mine and Mom's) and bought groceries. Picked up boys by 4pm, supper, laundry, bathes, dishes, downtime with my babies and bed by 9pm.

Friday worked 7-7. Answered calls, took orders, waited on customers, went through produce, cleaned, loaded three trucks for markets next day and picked in the garden. John was sick (little John). He stayed with me at work until 9am and then to school. They called at 3pm his fever has spiked 103, off to retrieve him, gave him meds and left him in my Mom's care, back to work.

Saturday went to Jasper market. Left home at 5:30am, it stormed and was awful. we were like drowned rats though, we still had a decent day. Home by 3pm. I ran errands with little John and picked up supper. Hubby and mason relaxed. Supper, time with kiddos and bed.

Each night when the boys are sick, they wake throughout the night. So, my sleep is very broken and we all know how that is......then I am going to work for such long hours.

Hubby has been getting to work 5 days at least last week. Yay for that! We have not heard anything about the applied job. The board should meet today.

Things are going well just busy, busy, busy! Also, we are in the midst of moving my father0-in-law into an apartment in town where I buy groceries and such. We are co-heading two small groups from church as well.

I am home today,at least for the morning. There is a truck coming in that I must go and unload shortly. I also have the garden to work in. I have a case of peach salsa to make for tomorrow that is sold.

Have a great week and I will check in soon! Blessings!!!


smilernpb said...

WOW Marva, sounds like you have had a busy week! You must be exhausted...please take time to rest, although, yes, I know this doesn't seem possible.

Please don't worry about not replying to my e-mail!

I am thinking of you all every day, especially for your hubby's job application, and of course, your Mom. I am sorry that my package has not arrived yet, it was posted over a week ago...anyway, I hope it arrives soon, and that she likes it.

Hope little one is better soon, too. Poor thing.

Take care, and catch up with you soon. It was great to hear what you have been up to.

Mimi said...

Thank goodness you don't have to work this hard all year!

MyKidsMom said...

Wow, what a week! I will be praying for everyones health. I know how much more stressful it is to have that on top of everything else. I hope you're taking a good multi-vitamin for yourself(I remember you asking around about that not long ago).

I'm going to hunt and see if you've listed that peach salsa recipe somewhere. It sounds scrumptious!

whittybrooke said...

Oh my goodness, I'm tired from just reading about the kind of week you've had!!! The work would've been hard enough not to mention all the sickness to deal with. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you hear from the job soon!


Heather said...

Have missed your blogs, but know you have to work! Yes, try to take a bath and relax even for a short amount of time. Praying for you with your mom and dad.

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Hang in there! Hope everyone is feeling better soon.


Mimi said...

Hi Marva, When you have time, stop by ,cuz you have been tagged!