Sunday, April 22, 2012

Surgeries and Happenings

Things have been a little crazy around here. Not sure why I am saying that as they always seem hectic to me! LOL!

On Tuesday the 3rd I took Aunt Mary for chemo and to see the docs. They had told her maybe 2 months with treatment (that was the Friday before Christmas). Here we are almost 4 months out and she is doing pretty well. The chemo has some terrible side effects! Her infusion ran for almost 3 hours and we were gone for almost 6 hours. Please keep her in your prayers. We just celebrated her birthday this past Friday. Cancer is EVIL!

Easter was great and we are so blessed. My parents' Labradoodle "Mollie Lou" had her puppies also. She had 7. She laid on 2 and killed them, one was still born and the other one somehow got out of the dog house and lost it's body temp and died. That left 3. She never produced any milk and just wasn't sure how to Mommy to them. I talked with the vet and decided to bring them home and raise on a bottle. They are all black and boys. They are two weeks old today and just precious but I tell you it's like having triplet newborns! When we brought them home they were eating every 2 hours! It's gotten better now. Only one has opened his eyes a little. That is to be expected since they were about a week premature. They are thriving and now we are looking for good homes for them both the end of next month.

 Last Wednesday the 11th I had punctal plugs put in both eyes. I was awake and it was done in the eye doc's office without any numbing drops just antibiotic drops. It is to help increase my tear production from the top ducts (the plugs were done to the bottom). It was very uncomfortable! I still feel like I have 10 somethings in my eyes. I go back to the eye doc tomorrow for my follow up. I also ordered new eyeglasses since my script has changed so much.
I also had a dental appointment before the eye surgery and had a crown cemented and 3 more fillings.

Tuesday the 17th I had bladder surgery. They did it without making an "external incisions" but they made a 3 1/2  inch internal one and then I have some metal type sutures attaching the neck of the bladder back where it goes, they also used a sling and tape to hold it on position. I have had to train the bladder to function again...NOT FUN!  I am still in the uncomfortable part of the pain, lots of pressure and very swollen. they gave me a lot of gas to knock me out. Instead of the normal 2 breathes it takes most folks it took me like oh SEVEN! LOL! I am moving slowly and steps are bad....BAD! John was off work with me for 3 days and learned how to be Mommy when needed! He had an eye doc appointment and took the boys for dental check ups all by himself! :)

I managed church today just for preaching and that pew was oh so hard. Today is my father-in-law's first birthday in heaven and I rode with John and the boys to the cemetery and to get milkshakes from Jack's!

We have some great changes coming our way and many prayers have been answered concerning John's job situation. more on that next month when things are finalized! God is so good and we are so blessed!

1 comment:

Julie said...

When you do it up . . . you do it up good Marva! You make sure to take it easy and rest, rest, rest!

Plenty of milkshakes too!