Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week in Review

This last week has definitely NOT gone as planned. I do not have a prefect life by any means, I am human and so is John. I am keeping things "real" here at Blessed Frugalness. We've had some issues in our marriage, neither one of of realized them or if we did chose to let them slip by until it was almost too late. We are having to work hard on our marriage that was almost lost. I encourage you to take time for each other and do that often. God is top priority for us and that is the way it should be. He is over this marriage!

This on top of me being sick with this staph infection. I took my Mom back for her monthly check up to the rhumatologist on Wednesday. He was running very late and we got home late. Add in Mason getting sick in the middle of the night Wednesday night. He was over the toilet every 15 minutes or so. I made us a pallet in the bathroom floor and we camped out. I thought he was having reflux problems. Then Thursday at lunch the school called and John was vomiting as well. Yeah...sure sign it was a tummy bug.

Then Thursday afternoon we got hit with a surprise ice and snow storm. No, the meteorologist were not predicting it. John was stuck with a load of haz mat waste at the top of an incline on the interstate when the dot decided to shut the interstate down for 2 hours (until the temps started climbing). Thankfully he finally made it home at 10pm that night.

Friday I kept both boys home with me and we all rested. John had to report to work, unfortunately.

Today, John had to work again and the boys and I stayed home until late this evening. My Dad kept them while I ran to Wal-Mart and the post office to collect our mail. John brought home take out from the Mexican place close to his work for supper. We just finished watching Gaither Gospel hour and now the boys are playing catch with their Daddy. It's almost their bedtime and I am thinking seriously of following fairly quickly. Tomorrow is a shower and church day, then we are having our own little Super Bowl party! :)
Monday I go back to see the infectious disease doctor.

Have a blessed Sunday!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

It sounds like you've had a doozy of a week. I'm sorry for that. I hope this week goes better for you.

I think we all have those spots in our marriages. I'll be praying that you and John work them out quickly.

How did you appointment go?

Marva said...

Thanks Nikki!

It went okay. The id doc still has NOT even looked in my nose, much less at my sinuses. He checked my throat and ears though. LOL I go back in a month after staying on the same meds. He said we would discuss further treatment then. I also will see the ENT that day as well.

Blessings!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Sounds like you had a crazy week last week! Hope you have found some rest and that things are going well!