Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 1: Thankful for Momma

I am so thankful today. I have had the most rotten attitude the last few weeks and have not been able to see my blessings. A few weeks ago on our 14th wedding anniversary my Mom's care was relinquished to Hospice. Life has been hard and a few months is just not enough. Now with her quickly declining life time has been reduced even more to just a couple of weeks. While the Lord above is the only one that knows how many breaths we have left, Hospice is pretty accurate most of the time. To see Mom declining so rapidly has been undescribily painful. We serve a good God but HIS plans are often not meant to be understood.  Trying not to question HIM, I decided tonight to just praise HIM.

I am so thankful for the 36 years I have had with her. I sleep with the "daughter" throw over me each night that she gave to me two Christmas' ago. The last thing she bought me herself.  I treasure the Friday night talk to had while lying in her bed just 2 days after Hospice came in. I had no idea that would be the last conversation that she would be able to actively participate in.

Headed back to my parents' house to give Momma her breathing treatment, give her meds and tuck her in. I am blessed! While my heart breaks multiple times a day while taking care of her. I praise HIM. When I carry her, I carry the "yellow umbrella". And praise God, HE carries us ALL! Blessings!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkLdP7zkxr0&feature=endscreen&NR=1

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I can only imagine how hard this time is for you, Marva. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Nikki said...

I can only imagine how hard this time is for you, Marva. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I cannot understand what it must be like for you with her being so poorly. I love that your Faith is helping you through this difficult time. Your Mom is great! With love and hugs xoxo