Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 5: I AM Thankful For: Time

I am so thankful for each day, each hour, each minute that I am given to love my family. To just be here is such a gift. You know we are not promised tomorrow. Yesterday was a rough day for Momma. We got here settled and calm so I went home to see my precious children and husband for a couple of hours. When I came back Momma was in less than stable condition. The Hospice nurse was called, meds were switched and life was a vapor, literally. Family was there and we were given time. My Uncle and Aunt drove in from North Carolina, when my Uncle sit down beside Momma she smiled. It was the first expression of the afternoon for her. As the next few hours progressed Momma came to life and was talking, vividly. She ate the most she had eaten in days and we were given a little more time. We know this is the high before the low and before the end, which will be Momma's beginning in heaven. So today I am thankful, just thankful for the time God has extended us. Thank you Lord for this time. Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Marva, You are such a special Daughter! Praise God for you!!! Know that I am thinking about you and yours . . . praying for you all.