Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jim N Nick's Cheese Biscuits

Mimi asked me to share this recipe. The story behind these is they are from a bbq place named Jim and Nick's. We ate there several weeks ago and it was very good but very pricey, at least for us. They served these little muffins (but they are called biscuits) before the meal. They were so good. I looked for a copycat recipe but ended up getting my computer eat up with a virus. Then in our city newspaper 2 weeks ago this recipe was printed. This is the recipe to the "t". They are sweet yet oh so good! I hope you like it. We eat ours with chili and bbq mainly.

4 T butter (no substitutes), melted
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 1/2 t baking powder
1 c sugar
3/4 c milk
1 egg
1/4 t vanilla
1 c shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased mini-muffin tins. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes.

ENJOY!!!

14 comments:

Nico said...

Yum! These sound awesome. I'm making Chili for lunch today, I just might have to give these biscuits a try too.

ADMIN said...

Thanks, Marva! They sound great, I can't wait to make them!

Mrs. Darling said...

Yummy. I just made Italian herb and cheese muffins last night for dinner with homemade chicken noodle soup. I love muffins!!

Nico said...

I gave these a try today! They were so tasty :) Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Once again I am copying down a recipe! Girl, you should write a cookbook!

Unknown said...

They sound lovely. What is T butter?

Oooh, I am beginning to hate the copycat recipe sites! I have been trying to find a Jack Daniels sauce recipe from TGI Fridays with no luck, despite three different attempts. :o(

Marva said...

T butter= tablespoon of butter.

I am actually still in the process of writing my cookbook. I am slow though. ;)

BLessings!

MyKidsMom said...

Hope your computer virus is under control. I'm suspecting I might have that problem myself.

I steer away from muffins a bit, because they are really hard to stop eating! Maybe I should work on my self-control instead, huh? lol

crazystaceylynne said...

I have to agree with Nico. These were really good. I am going to make some of my own today.

Unknown said...

Ah, thanks Marva, I thought 'T' might have been a brand name butter or something! Sounds lovely, I think I might try these today. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Oh, sorry I knew there was something else. So if T is tablespoon, then t must be teaspoon, and c is cup, am I right? The way American recipes are written is so different from here in the UK where it's either lb's and oz's or g's!!

Thanks in advance.

IF said...

MMMMM, Those sounds great! I hope you all are feeling lots better too!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this recipe. The muffins turned on wonderful. I may back out a tiny bit of sugar, but we had these at the restaurant today, and I came home and made a batch using your recipe. Absolutely a keeper!

Anonymous said...

You don't know how long I have looked for this recipe. I am such a fan! Now, if I could only figure out the potato salad. Thanks for sharing!