Friday, April 8, 2011

The Last Month

Oh my! Has it really been a whole month since I last blogged?! Things hva ebeen hectic. It seems that is the norm in my everyday life though. I try to take one day at a time and ask God for his guidance and He sees me through. I am doing okay. Still battling staph infection in the sinuses. I will see the infectious disease doctor again next month. By the time I see him, I will have been on this regime of antibiotics for 5 months. I also had a molar tooth in very bad shape that we decided it would be in mybest interest to have extracted. An oral surgeon had to take it out and it was a doozie. The roots were twisted and one root was wrapped around a bone. The bone came loose and had to be filed down. One root was actually in the sinus cavity where the staph infection is. I probably should mention that I could not be put to sleep and gas makes me violently ill so I was numbed up for the procedure. Had it done on Tuesday and am still feeling the effects! AS of this morning John and I have lost 43 pounds together on the diet (in a mont and a day). It is going very well but is difficult at times. Very hard for southern girl that is used to down home cooking and not just eating it but producing it! :) I cannot wait to get the rest of our weight off and keep it off! John looked so handsome this morning! He is finally beginning to see the changes for himself. It's amazing to get up every morning and see you but a little smaller!!! The boys are doing well. Their allergies are going crazy. Mason is on several meds for them and eye drops by script as well as Singular for coughing asmatha. Little John doesn't have the asmatha but does the allergies! They went for their 6 month dental cleaning this week and got great reports. It looks as though they will not be loosing any teeth for awhile. The peds dentist thinks thye are behind at least 12 months. So they will be over 6 when they loose their first ones according to his calculations. Also they celebrated their 5th birthdays on the 22nd, with an army man/camo birthday party! We all had a blast and even my Mom was able to come. It was hard for her but she did make it! Yay! Speaking of my Mom; she has a little set back due to a change up of meds but is back to where we were before the "new" meds. The short term memory is short, no pun intended. It just isn't there. We still have months to go to see if it will return. She is still confused at times but seems more slear headed this week than before. We finally have some meds to help with the tremors as well and we are so thankful for that! She goes back to the neurologist the 19th and the rhuematalogist the 25th. Prayers please..... As for the farm. The pond is full, so the fish are happy! Cabbage is in the ground. Most of the beds are pulled up with plastic and drip tape. Some ground is left to disk up and then beds need to be made. We lost a few plums but everything looks great so far! All of the peaches look wonderful and we are thrilled! Cows are happy but we are still having to feed some hay. just bought another load this week. One stubborn cow got out again this week so the electric fence is goin up as we speak. I noticed when I left Mom she was on the back porch taking in the 70* weather watching the men folk in action putting the fence up. The blackberries and scuppernongs are also being worked out and trimmed this morning. And now, just now the school has called and said that Mason keeps picking at this place on his nose. they think it is staph. So I called the doctor and got him an appointment and off we go to see what it is. Please pray! Blessings!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great that everyone is doing well, I am so pleased that your Mom is improving. I am keeping you all in my thoughts.

Well done on the weightloss to you and John, that is so good that you are seeing results - keep up the good work, and please share any low fat recipes, I am sure they would be delicious. P wants to lose a couple of stone, and I am wanting to shift some pounds that have crept on - we usually do Slimming World, but I am finding it hard to stick to any plan at the moment. I am not sure why, I am usually pretty good - bordering on obsessive, if I'm honest, when following a diet! lol

It's nice to hear what you've been up to. Look after yourself, sweet friend xoxo

Unknown said...

That's great that everyone is doing well, I am so pleased that your Mom is improving. I am keeping you all in my thoughts.

Well done on the weightloss to you and John, that is so good that you are seeing results - keep up the good work, and please share any low fat recipes, I am sure they would be delicious. P wants to lose a couple of stone, and I am wanting to shift some pounds that have crept on - we usually do Slimming World, but I am finding it hard to stick to any plan at the moment. I am not sure why, I am usually pretty good - bordering on obsessive, if I'm honest, when following a diet! lol

It's nice to hear what you've been up to. Look after yourself, sweet friend xoxo

Nikki said...

It's good to hear how you're doing! Thanks for the update! I'll continue praying for you and your family.

mamacantrix said...

Thanks for the update! Glad you're doing ok, but here's hoping things keep getting better. For what MY vote is worth, you deserve a break!! *hugs*