Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday, Happy Earth Day and 5 Year Old Well Checks

I hope you had a blessed Good Friday and remembered what the real reason of it was as well as served our earth in some way!

The boys had their 5 year well checks and immunizations yesterday. Their appointments were at 9:30am, which meant we needed to be on the road by 8:30am. My Mom would need to go with us since the men folk would be working on the lower farm and she had just started some new meds and would need someone close by incase something happened.

I also needed to drop the boys Easter eggs and the Easter cupcakes off at their school before the appointment so the boys get easily get back to the Easter party and egg hunt at 2:30pm.

So off we went, I knew that my Mom would need to wait in the waiting room since the boys would be upset after the shots and finger sticks. We got there with time to spare.

I signed us in and paid the $80 copays. Then we had to do udpates (even though we were just there last week with Mason) and then I was off with them to tinkle in the little cups. That went well and then back to the waiting room we went. Then we were called back for finger sticks. Wowzee they were not happy and neither was Mommy. I had to carry Mason back tot he waiting room and he cried for a good little while.

Finally we were called back to see the doctor. All of the typical things were done and finally Dr. H came in. Mason's coughing asmatha had flared up due to allergies and John had a sinus infection as well as a ear infection. John weighed 41 pounds and was 44 3/4 inches tall while Mason was 45 inches tall and weighed 47 pounds. We had to wait on the nurse for their two immunizations and blue forms for their schools.

Then it happened, the nurse came in and they lost it. John went first. He cried and screamed during the first stick and the second as well. Mason tried to escape out the door and I had to catch him, then John pulled the second needle out. The nurse had to restick him to finish giving the meds.

Mason screamed kicked and fought the whole time, during both injections. He just kept crying. My Mom said she heard them screaming the whole time. She seemed ok. I had promised the boys we would go to Dairy Queen for ice cream. It was barely 10:30am but hey that was okay. They both wanted vanilla cones while Mom had a club sandwich and I am grilled chicken salad.

Both to the potty and we set off for home. We had to stop and get the meds at the pharmacy. That was a $103.56, 30 minute stop. Mason was due for Singulair and a new inhaler while John needed an oral antibiotic and an antibiotic ear drop. We also needed some Tyneol and Advil for them.

I got Mom in the house and got her settled and then took the boys home. I had gotten a them a chicken finger box to bring home for their actual lunch and they polished it off. I gave them meds and then they took naps. John woke up screaming with his ear and head, once again (I had been up with him all night the night before). He was also running a 101.2 fever. I gave hima dose of Advil ( I was altenating the Advil and Tyneol for him). Cannot do that for Mason since he is allergic to Ibuprofen. I held my precious baby for a long time. He needed to stay home from the party and egg hunt and surpriseinly wanted to stay home. I went to wake Mason and found he was still tired and also wanted to stay home and finish his nap.

Around 3:30pm the nurse called back and told me to up the Tyneol/Advil rotation to every 3 hours as long as the pain was that severe and the meds were wearing off so quickly. I realized the time and quickly called my Mom to make sure she had taken her meds, thankfully she had.

By 4:30pm Mason was up and the three of us were just laying around while Mommy rubbed backs and we watched Phineas and Ferb.

Needless to say I did not get much accomplished in the house but no worries here, I was needed in other roles today. The boys finally went off to sleep between 9pm and 10pm and slept all night. Thankfully!

Have a great Saturday! Blessings!


smilernpb said...

Awww, poor little darlings. At least their check ups are over and done with now, and that's great that they are doing so well.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter. With lots of love and hugs xo

Nikki said...

Sometimes, as you know, chores have to wait while we tend to our young'uns. I hope they're feeling better this week. Get some rest while you can.

Nico said...

Hope your little guys are feeling much better.

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

Aw, poor little guys! Hope they are feeling better!