Saturday, November 7, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Well, not quite, if you count sitting upside down with the saddle on the horses belly. LOL! I am still feeling pretty rough. Yesterday was the best and the worse day of the last few. By that, I mean I went back to the doctor and he removed the 2 pounds of packing (all total about a foot). It was so gross and man it hurt! As the doctor was gently pulling it out it felt like my brains were coming with it. Then he sprayed and suctioned and repacked a little to stop the bleeding. Then I could breath out my nose! YAY! The worse part of the whole ordeal was not being able to breath through my nose and when I ate/talked. I could not breath because my throat being blocked. It was crazy and I am so thankful the packing is gone.

The bad parts now is using the spray every 15-30 minutes in my nose, the clots of blood and yuckiness going down the back of my throat and the pain in my face (the swelling is virtually gone-due to the packing being removed). It hurts to cough, sneeze or touch my face or head for that matter. I still cannot lift much and no stooping or bending as I am light headed much of the time. But, the good news is that the infection is gone and I am on my way back! Praise the Lord!

My parents kept the boys overnight from Monday through Thursday and I do not know what we would have done without them. My Mom made jello, baked sweet potatoes, apple cake, scalloped apples and many other yummies for us and my queasy tummy.

Belinda and Monica cooked a meal each and John tried his hand at cooking supper last night and did a terrific job! He has been amazing! I thank the good Lord for such a great husband!

We are going to get the boys out in a little while after their naps and let them play. I am looking forward to a little sunshine!

Thank you for praying for my uncle, he is very sick and they are stilling working to stabilize him enough for 5 bypasses on Wednesday. Please keep him in your prayers, his name is Tom.

The owner of the boys school/daycare is still having an awful time with the unexpected death of her husband. Please pray for Ms. Lisa and her family. The funeral was today.

I hope all is well and I hope to catch up soon!



Nikki said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Nico said...

Ouch! I hope that you feel better soon.

Heather said...

I'm so happy your parents watched the boys. Then you were able to "recover" without the added stress of keeping up with two little ones. Here's to better days ahead!

smilernpb said...

Oh Marva, I am happy that you are feeling (a bit) better. Hugs x

Nonsensicalgirl said...

I'm glad to hear you're on your way to recovering! Although I know it's been rough getting there. :-)
It's so good you've had people taking care of all of you. I hope you keep feeling better and better!


MyKidsMom said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing a little bit better, though it still sounds pretty awful to me! What a rough experience to go through. I will continue praying for you, your uncle, and Miss Lisa. So sorry to hear about her husband's death, even though I don't know her. I can't imagine having to come to terms with losing a husband.

You're definitely blessed to have so many helpers. Though I suspicion it's some of that Marva kindness to others being repaid:) Have a wonderful time in the sunshine with hubby and the boys!