Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 6 Giving Thanks

Today I so thankful, for many things.

I am thankful for little things like Canada Dry Cranberry Ginger Ale and grilled peanut butter and honey sandwiches (not eaten/drank together).

I am thankful for my parents, my brother and sil and nephews, great friends (especially Monica and Elaina-seeing them today was a bright spot in my day!), my husband and my children. I am so thankful my husband works so hard for us to provide. I am so thankful for the boys. As we were strolling the isles of Wal-Mart today they broke out in Silent Night and Jingle Bells and then mixed it together. How I love this stage of life! Boy, did we get the stares! LOL!

I am thankful for provisions to buy nice things that I have wanted for many years but were never in the position to have. (We bought a new bedroom suit today). I have had my bedroom suit since I was 16 years old. That would make it 18 years old. We got a king size and I am so thrilled! The furniture place was having a liquidation sale. The suit is all wood and is the headboard, rails, wrap around footboard, 2 nightstands, chest, dresser, mirror and we got Sealy posterpedic pillowtop mattresses to boot! They told us their price and we told them that was out of our league, he said $xxxx and I told him that was out of our league too. He said what can you do? I told him and he went and asked the store manager and he said YES!!!! We got a $7000.00 bedroom suit and mattresses for less than half price!!! I could not believe my eyes/ears! Thank you Jesus! We are so blessed! And the best part is it is paid for. No credit involved!!!!

We are so grateful to the Lord for so many blessings in our life!

What blessings are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

ADMIN said...

That is wonderful! I am thankful to have what we need, and to be able to provide my children with all they need and some little extras as well.