Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Booking It 2011


This year I am going to try once agin to book it. Life as Mom is hosting this. I am choosing my own books and reading them in no particular order. I am trying to read at least 30 minutes each day though.
Here are my books; in no particular order.
  • The Bible. I am using the Busy Mom's Bible.
  • The House that Cleans Itself (Mindy Starnes Clark)
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart (Tedd Tripp)
  • The Birth to Five Book (Brenda Nixon)
  • Creating an Intimate Marriage (Jim Burns)
  • Bringing Up Boys (Dr. James Dobson)
  • The Happiness Project (Gretchen Rubin)
  • Confident Parenting (Jim Burns)
  • More Than Enough (Dave Ramsey)
  • Making Children Mind Without Loosing Yours (Dr. Kevin Leman)
  • The Five Love Languages (Gary Chapman)
  • Healthy Habits, Happy Kids (Gregory L. Jantz. Ph.D.)
  • The Virtuous Woman (Vicki Courtney)
  • Have a New Kid by Friday (Dr. Kevin Leman)
  • I Just Want You To Know (Kate Gosselin)
  • A Mother's Heart (Jean Fleming)
  • Family First (Dr. Phil McGraw)
  • The Complete Parenting Book (Dr. David Stoop 7 Dr. Jan Stoop)

I think that is a total of 18. I also will be reading several if not all of Beverly Lewis ' books. The Amish series. I have many of these and have ordered 5 more to finish my collection. I will be rereading some of them and reading others for the first time.

Are you booking it this year? What are you reading?

Blessings!

10 comments:

Nikki said...

You've got a great list, Marva! I've read (and enjoyed) a couple of yours: Shepherding a Child's Heart and The Five Love Languages. I should read Bringing up Boys; I need to add that to my list. I look forward to reading your review.

I'm excited that you're doing this!

Ellie said...

I am always reading and read a wide variety of books.....all of your picks look interesting (except for the Gosselin book) I am not a fan I must say :( but I hope you enjoy it! Carve out some mommy time and you will accomplish your goal....good luck! Hugs :)

Brenda Nixon, Author and Speaker said...

Wow, thanks for listing my book as one you plan to read. Believe me, the chaps are short & easy-to-read so your goal of 30-min/day is doable. Let me know if you have any questions or comments about a particular chapter.
Blessings in 2011,
Brenda

Marva said...

Thanks Nikki! I am so excited to have time to read.....I just really dislike the beong sick part though!

Marva said...

Ellie, thanks so much! I don't care for her personally although it is interesting to see how she handles multiples. Blessings!

Marva said...

Thanks Brenda! I was surprised to see a comment from you. A very nice surprise! How did you come about my blog?
Blessings!

Brenda Nixon, Author and Speaker said...

Oh Marva, I have my ways. *wink*
Did you know I offer a discipline tip blog? Right now the topic is; Good Discipline Ain't Cheap http://brendanixononparenting.blogspot.com/ and I'd love to know if you think it's helpful, interesting or cool.
Also, every Tuesday morning my radio show, The Parent's Plate, airs at http://www.toginet.com/shows/theparentsplate.
Both are free so enjoy! =)

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Looks like a great list! I also will be buying Bringing Up Boys, I've heard it's SO great!

ADMIN said...

I read every day and love it!
I always have a book in my bag and also a few kindle books loaded on my phone. I am a lover of adventure books, travel, cooking, and fiction books. I'm also reading the Bible with JuJu and loving it.
Your list sounds interesting. Have fun reading!

Brenda Nixon, Author and Speaker said...

Did you know Focus on the Family's "Weekend Magazine" radio show featured The Birth to Five Book on several occasions? Also, I've appeared on Family Life Today with Dennis Rainey; both opportunities were a blessing.