Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Visit With the Infectious Disease Doctor

I am not sure where to start. There is not much to say. I am highly upset. There, that sums it up!

Really, I am upset. I was sent to this doctor because I was told by the ENT that I needed iv antibiotics. I was also told by the ENT that the meds I am on was only to prevent the staph from getting worse and would not cure what I already had.

This doctor wants me to stay on those same meds even though he isn't sure if they are helping or not. IV antibiotics were never mentioned. Frustrated is not even in my vocab!

He said he would see me in 4 weeks. He also said that I could be glad since this had not killed me yet it probably wouldn't!!!! GRRRR! How nice of him.

Tomorrow I will be talking with the ENT and find out EXACTLY what I need to do now, cause I really don't like the id doc!

What would you do now? Blessings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marva, that guy sounds like an I.D.I.O.T!!! I certainly would not go back to him!!! Prayerfully, your ENT will have a NEW plan!

I was praying for you today!!!

ADMIN said...

I would get a second opinion, from a different doctor. Sending prayers and hugs!

Nikki said...

It sounds to me like your ENT is aggressive and your ID is conservative. That can cause problems. I'm not sure what I would do, but I think calling your ENT is a good start.