Monday, July 28, 2008

Praise Report

Friday evening Hubby received a phone call from the doctor's office with the test results concerning the Lupus. It was NEGATIVE!!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE are so blessed, God is so good!

We will go back to see the orthopedic doctor about the knee soon, when Hubby gets the appointment made. We are praying for a good outcome on that front as well.

Switching gears.............

Things are still hectic around here. I am working harder than ever and keeping the worst migraines this month (these are hormonal for me). We are harvesting lots of peaches (another month to two months of peach season yet) and apples are not far behind. The row crops (watermelons, cantaloupes, tomatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant, peppers, etc.) are pretty well finished. Blueberries are also on their way out. We have finished the plums and nectarines are ending quickly. Pears are yet to come.

I went to three markets this week (about 21 hours) and worked an additional 50 hours besides that.

My uncle brought 7 bushels of corn last week and I still have a bushel or so already shucked and silked waiting for me this morning to finish. WE made the plunge and bought a freezer (15 cubit foot) for us. We have no where to put one, so it's in my parents basement for now. I also have been working on canning peas and a few green beans. I have been cutting up bell peppers for the freezer and I did 15 #'s of peaches yesterday for the freezer. I hope to get a few blueberries up this week and can some more peach salsa as well. Hubby has requested peach jelly too. This is one of our favorites! There are so many things I want to get done canning wise. Well, it'll be there when I get to it.

The boys are loving school. They have not been crying at all when I drop them off of a morning and that is a real blessing to this Mama's heart. Their OT and ST sessions went well. There is much improvement.

My parents are stayed so tired these days and we have no help. IT is so hard to find good help these days. Most people want a job until they get it. WE had two guys helping us a couple days and didn't show up last week at all. It is almost sickening. We lost a lot of peaches last week, because we got behind picking. We are doing our best and I think the good Lord knows that.

Well, I suppose i should run. I've got to get ready to get my day started. Many blessings!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news about your hubs!!! Praise God!
I am glad your harvest season is producing tremendous yields!

God is Good!

MyKidsMom said...

So glad to hear more good news about your husband. IT blesses my heart when I read a post like this where God is given the credit for these things that so many consider just coincidences. He definitely deserves the praise!

I wish we lived close enough to help out with those peaches; it's hard to imagine there aren't a few hardy teenagers home for the Summer to help out or such.

I'll keep those migraines in my prayers; sometimes the hormonal ones are the worst. Take care~

ADMIN said...

Great news! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! That is wonderful news about your hubby, Marva! Hang in there with those migraines, I've been there. Good to hear the boys are adjusting well to school. Hugs, heather

heartsfulloflove said...

I love your blog and came here through blessedwith5...your blog award awaits at my blog. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

So glad to hear the great news! Hang in there, we're praying for you!

Take care,
Steph

MyKidsMom said...

Just wanted to say "hello" and I hope things are going well for you and the rest of the family. I miss your posts, but totally understand the need to take a break from blogging when life gets busy. The homeschool year is that time for me, now I'm just being lazy, Lol. Well, not completely;) TAke care~

Nikki said...

Marva, are you okay? I know that you are extremely busy these days, but I'm starting to get worried about you.