Monday, December 28, 2009

Catching Up Post Christmas

Hi! I trust you all had a blessed Christmas as did we. This past week has been a whirlwind. Little John started out last week being sick, we ended up at the doctor to learn of bronchitis. He is better but now Mason has it.I baked cooked and delivered goodies the first half of the week. John was off work from Thursday until this morning, which really messed with the boys heads. They love having their Daddy home, but when they get up this morning it will be chaos.

Wednesday night we rode around in our Christmas pj's, drank hot cocoa, sang Christmas tunes and looked at lights.

Thursday we had lunch at my parents with my brother and his family and then opened gifts. We came home and napped only to leave again to take my father-in-law some fruit and have supper at McDonald's and then to look at Christmas lights. Then it was home to prepare for Santa.

Friday morning was gifts everywhere! We stayed in that morning and I made buttermilk pancakes. My father-in-law arrived at 9:30am for breakfast with us. We had lunch with my parents around noon and then came back home to take naps. John went over to his Dad's with his supper and spent some time with him. Then at 5pm we went to my brother's house and met us with my sister-in-law's family there for supper. It was total chaos but in a good way. We had a blast and so did the boys. At one point we all were hanging out in the game room downstairs where a game of pool, a game of ping pong and a game of air hockey was all taking place, along a ballgame on tv and some basketball was being shot. We made it home about 8pm and tucked our tired little fellows in tight. John and I settled in with coffee and a sweet snack while taking in a Christmas movie.

Saturday morning brought brunch at my parents with my brother and his family and our cousin Brenda. We came home and rested while the boys napped. Then I started supper preparations for we had friends coming over with their little boy. They left about 10pm and we all were completely waxed. Laying down never felt so good!

Sunday was church and a nap then John's Dad came over. He, hubby and Little John went to visit with some of their relatives in from Texas. My parents came over for a little visit with Mason and I. We ordered pizza in and watched Cars the movie. hubby was up and off to work this am at 4 and I did not sleep well and ended up staying up and typing all of this. LOL!

Today the boys are staying with my Mom for a little while so I can make preparations for a baby shower that I am helping host this weekend. I also need to pick up some last minute things for Christmas with hubby's family Friday night. Yes, you read that right we STILL have one more Christmas get together to attend and I am making chicken and dressing, home canned green beans and fresh cream corn from the freezer as well as an apple cake.

I also need to get my new laptop set up (thank you Santa!), have pictures printed off, buy regular groceries and do some work for the small group. It s going to be another busy week. I also hope to get some pictures posted this week.


Kristi said...

Sounds like you had a crazy but wonderful holiday as so did we. What a blessing to be able to spend some time with lots of family, and make great caos memories!

Julie said...

congrats on the new laptop!!!

What kind did you get?

Sounds like you had a great Christmas!

Mimi said...

It sounds like a lot of fun! You are so lucky to have family nearby.

smilernpb said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, Marva! :o)

Also, just wanted to say:

Happy New Year!

It's been lovely reading your blog in the past year or so and getting to know you via e-mail and things, so I would like the opportunity to wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2010.

Best wishes.

PS I hope you recieved the Christmas card? Hugs xo

MyKidsMom said...

Wow, your Christmas was even busier than ours! I'm so glad you were able to share it with so many friends and family. Sending prayers for your boys to get well quickly~