Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby Back Ribs From the Oven

I made these last week and they were soooo good! I served them with potato salad, baked beans and corn on the cob. We had apple cobbler from fresh apples for dessert and sweet tea to drink. Yum! The recipe came from cdkitchen.com. I adjusted it to my taste. Here is my version:

6# baby back ribs (they had them on sale for $1.95# at the Piggly Wiggly last week)

1/2 c. apple cider vinegar

1/2 c. brown sugar

bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut ribs into individual serving pieces (I will do this next time!)

Toss with vinegar. Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Place in foil and wrap tightly.

Place in roasting pan with 1/2 inch water. Make sure you have that in there at all times.

Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.

Remove from oven and drain off water.

Unwrap ribs and place in roaster.

Pour sauce over ribs top and bottom. Completely cover with sauce.

Return to oven and bake for 30 more minutes. Just until the edges are darkening but not charred.
Note**** the one piece in the picture with no sauce is for Mason. He doesn't eat "condiments".

Remove from oven and enjoy warm!


Blessings!!!

3 comments:

ASHLEY said...

YUM!!.....THOSE REALLY LOOK GOOD TO ME. I AM EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT, I THINK I COULD EAT THEM ALL!!!

Unknown said...

They look delicious, Marva!

ADMIN said...

Those are some tasty looking ribs!