This applies to crowder, pink eyed, blackeyed, etc.
- Shell peas and look them. ("look them" means to take any bad ones out)
- Wash peas (I do this three times)
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt in each quart jar or if using pints, add 1/2 teaspoon to each pint.
- OPTIONAL: I add 3 slices of of a jalapeno for a hot taste.
- Pack into hot jars.
- Add peas loosely into jars (do not pack)!
- Ladle hot, boiling water over peas, leaving one inch headspace.
- Put flats and rings on.
- Process pints 35 minutes, quarts 40 minutes at 10 pounds of pressure.
Cool completely before storing.
Please feel free to ask any questions. Blessings and happy canning!