Friday, December 12, 2008

Craziness!

The last few days have been so tiring! Hubby has had to work over and had a blowout as well as break down on the big truck. Oh and did i mention that you just cannot parka tanker truck anywhere when it is loaded with reminents of destroyed chemical weapons in waste water?!

He has not seen the boys in two days and they are not happy campers! It was suppose to snow yesterday, instead it was COLD rain that froze into ice last night. Most of the bridges and overpasses are iced this morning and schools are opening 2 hours later than normal.

I have had the boys and working on the mixes by myself this week and that has been quite challenging. I turned out about 100 or so bags and jars! Yeah! I also cooked a couple meals for close friends that have been sick and made 8 dozen cookies and froze some. Laundry is an ongoing process as the washer and dryer are both humming now.

The next few days are going to be dozies!

Today I have to get food out of the freezer to cook for tomorrow's family reunion. I also need to go to the courthouse, grocery store and post office. We have a bb game at the school to go to tonight.

Tomorrow we need to go to the bank, go to Kohl's, K-Mart, New Balance, Penny's, Target, Michael's, Bath and Body Works, Bed Bath and Beyond as well as the Christian bookstore. It's kind of like each place has sent a coupon or gift card and we need maybe one item or two from each place. The cost should be very little! LOL! I hope, anyhow. The main thing will be time. The drive is about 45 minutes to the big city!

When we get back, the boys will need a nap and I will need to cook and get clothes ready for the reunion. i am making a green tomato casserole, a honey apple cake, rolls and a couple of gallons of sweet tea. Hubby will be going to get my uncle and the boys and I with the food in tow will leave here and arrive at the reunion around 5pm. The reunion is over about 9pm. Thankfully it is being held close to home!

Sunday is church and hopefully a day of rest!

I need to check my list and see what all I like before Christmas. How are you doing with your "list"? Have you already "checked it twice"?

Have a great weekend!

Blessings!!!!

6 comments:

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Whew! Life sure does get crazy this time of year, doesn't it? I can relate...and I feel for you regarding the boys not getting to see Daddy - my hubs is on 2nd shift this week and Sweetpea hasn't seen her Daddy since Sunday. It just breaks my heart how she asks for him each day. I can't imagine how military moms and others who are seperated for long periods do it with young children, my heart goes out to them.

So glad to hear your mix business is bustling, we received the fabulous bean soup mix and can't wait to try it!!

Hugs,
Steph

MyKidsMom said...

This season is just flying by isn't it? Sounds like you'll be as busy as usual:) Have a great and productive weekend~

Nikki said...

I do not envy you your busy-ness! I like my life a little quieter, but I also don't have twins or my own business. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

You are quite the busy one girl! You are making me exhausted!

I stayed on top of the contractor and the other workin' guys. I cannot believe how they try to wiggle out of things.

The outlets, covers and switches that are located on the granite or the tile will be changed to black.

Monday the range will be installed and hopefully I can cook something that evening. Depends on the how the kitchen is on Monday afternoon.

Have a blessed weekend Dear Friend.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

You are quite the busy one girl! You are making me exhausted!

I stayed on top of the contractor and the other workin' guys. I cannot believe how they try to wiggle out of things.

The outlets, covers and switches that are located on the granite or the tile will be changed to black.

Monday the range will be installed and hopefully I can cook something that evening. Depends on the how the kitchen is on Monday afternoon.

Have a blessed weekend Dear Friend.

Hugs

ADMIN said...

Have fun shipping!