Wednesday, June 4, 2008

BUZZZZZZZZZZ

It has been so busy around here you could actually here the bees buzzing.

Monkey is feeling a great deal better, but will be sore for some time. He still needs help getting up and down (most times). Hubby (Bulldog) has had allergies again and really bad. I picked up a little cold somewhere and poor Tiger is taking all of us in stride!!

We have been cutting grass and weed eating. Then there's the picking....... cabbage, zucchini, yellow squash, green tomatoes, cucumbers, green plums, broccoli, cauliflower and peach picking started yesterday.

I cleaned out the junk room today. I sold the bed and the bookcase already. We are working toward making it a guest room and we are getting closer and closer. YAY!!!! I am so excited about this. I need to decide what kind of bed I want. I know we are going to put a full size in there. I am thinking of going with iron.

Now, I should go back. Hubby went back to work on Monday and I thought I was really in for it. We are trying a bunch of new things with the boys. For starters, we have taken down the baby gate to the play area (Living/Family room). They now can roam the kitchen, dining room and Sitting/Computer room. They also can open the doors to every other room, in spite of the baby "locks". Each of their bedrooms still have a gate in the doorway.
We also have put them on a new schedule. They now are up around 6am and are going to bed at 7:30 or 8pm. Only one nap a day. Lunch is at 11:30am instead of 12pm and nap after that.
Now, back to my statement.......... I thought I was in trouble........BUT, Monday the house cleaner (my bff) came and cleaned house. Her daughter came and helped me with the boys for 2 1/2 hours. Then Tuesday my Mother's Helper came from 12pm-5pm. That was a real blessing. She came back today 8am - 3:30pm. Then she is coming back tomorrow from 8am-1pm. She is such a great one with the kiddos and I get do much accomplished!

We have moved stuff from here to there and back sometimes........ For another post.

For last night's supper I had cooked and deboned a chicken. I was going to make crock-pot chicken and dumplings. I know how to make the slow, old fashioned kind, but I wanted something QUICK. WRONG!!!It was a royal disaster. The bad thing was I had found the recipe at a popular site and the reviews I read were very high. It was YUCKY. I will just stick with make my own dumplings and doing it the slow way.

I miss and love you all. Right now, I just have to step back. Some weeks I will be able to blog a lot and others not so much. There is not enough time in the day some weeks. In a few weeks when things are at their peak, I will be working 80 hours or better each week. NOW, for those of you coming to visit.......I am taking that time off and I can't wait to see you!!! I hope to get back to regular blogging in a few months. Please keep commenting........that is what keeps me going and wanting to write. I love to see the comments, although I do not always get to comment back.

How is your week going? Is your garden ready for picking yet? What are your plans for the rest of the week? Hope all is well!

Blessings!!!!!

6 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

I love hearing about your crops and what's being picked and such; I think perhaps I missed my true calling and should have been a farm girl, LoL.

I've said it before: you are SO blessed to have so many helpers with the little ones, I'm so glad for you.

We did a ladybug party for the princess, and it was so fun!

I'll still be stopping by to read those occasional posts; you can't get rid of me that easy, LoL:)

Southerner said...

Wishing you well. My garden is saaad. Rabbits ate my butterbeans and pole beans, I hope they will not die. My potted tomato got water logged and is dying. I repotted with more drainage and trying to keep it alive. I am so busy that I am going on fumes. I bet you are too.

Nico said...

Yay! I'm so glad that your little guy is feeling so much better!

Nikki said...

We understand, Marva, how busy you are (well, maybe not), but we know there are times when something has to give. You are wise to make that something blogging, not your family. Like Mykidsmom, I will be stopping by to check your blog just in case you find a few minutes to post.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Monkey is getting better!! I hope you are able to keep healthy and pace yourself over your busy season. I can definitely relate to the need to cut some things out in order to stay sane and enjoy the little ones while they are still little! We put our garden in a week ago, May 15 is usually the target for putting things in based on the last hard freeze, but it was SO wet we couldn't get the tiller into the ground. Now that the plants are in we have had thunderstorms and tornado warnings, 6 inches of rain over the past 3 days, yikes! So far the plants are still alive, I hope the heat that is coming helps everything take off. Take care!

Blessings,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Marva - I hope things slow down a bit for you! You are too busy!

I do love hearing about your busy busy days.