Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Favorite Squash (Yellow) Casserole

Melissa emailed and asked for my squash casserole recipe. So, here it is. I hope you enjoy it.

4 c. squash
1 c. onion
1/2 c. water
2 T butter

Cook all together and drain excess. Set aside.

2 eggs, beaten
1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 T sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
3/4 c. mayo

Mix all together (including squash). Put in greased 2 quart baking dish. Then top with 1 cup of butter type crackers (crushed). bake at 325* for 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

ENJOY!!!
Blessings!!!!!!

4 comments:

IF said...

That sounds delicious! Thank you!!! I love squash and Iza does too!

Nico said...

This sounds tasty. I'll have to try this recipe out when I have fresh squash from my garden :)

MyKidsMom said...

Sounds yummy! I like vegetables almost as much as deserts...almost:)

I'm guessing this would be good with Zucchini as well? We'll have lots of that in our little garden in a few months (hopefully).

Have a great day!

Nikki said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try this. Oh, I even have some squash in the frige I can use!

Your decision about the boys sounds like a good one for you, especially since they won't need to be in pre-school year round.