Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Last 36 Hours

Oh goodness! Where do I even start?

Yesterday morning I had a dentist appointment. I learned while there that I needed a deep cleaning since I have periodontal gum disease. Insurance paided almost $700 on it, our part this time was $292. Last week we paid $463 out of pocket for the crown that is not finished just yet. This is just the beginning I am afraid. It looks like we will will be out about $4000 in the next while over my mouth......oops, my teeth. My mouth is still sore today after 9, yes NINE injections plus anesthesia yesterday. They could not seem to get my mouth numb enough. I will have to have my teeth cleaned every three months now. After all is said and done. This is hurting financially, really bad. Thank goodness for dental insurance. I will go back on Monday for more torture. They did not get the top done.

While I was at the dentist hubby went to physical therapy. He is doing well and the surgery has seemed to help a great deal. Praise the Lord! He was off work, unwillingly. There was no work yesterday for him to do. It kind of hurts since his pay check has been around the $200 mark each week for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Then all of this dental work. Ouch!

After he picked me back up at the dental office (I was in the chair for 3 hours!) We took a load of apples to T'ville and unloaded. Hubby and i then went to Cracker Barrel where I managed some soup and a slice of bread. It was not real funny at the time, but hubby had to keep telling me when to wipe my mouth (as I had no feeling and I was quite loopy).

While all of this was going on my Daddy was having a malignant skin cancer cut off of his face. It is real bad and deep. It is about the size of a nickel. It is on his cheek. Bless his heart.

We finally arrived home around 4pm and I was headed to bed. Hubby was headed to get the boys from daycare/pre-school. He had been gone awhile when i heard my cell ring. It went dead and I called answer. I was so scared. I threw my clothes back on and started dialing the number again. He answered. monkey was terribly sick and the yuckiness was covering my hubby, the car, his seat and the car seat. One of the teachers was outside helping when I got there. We finally made it home and I got him in the tub and there he went again. Bless his heart. I finally gave him some Phenegran (rectally) and his tummy finally calmed down around8pm and he was sound to sleep. My Mom had come to help and left ab out then and we were able to get both boys in bed by 9pm. Hubby had to be up for work at 3am and we were both exhausted and my mouth was killing me!

I slept until the clock went off at 3 and then monkey woke up. I gave him a few sips of something cold to drink and laid down in his floor. Both boys were up before 6am. I fed them and got them ready. i dropped Monkey off with my Dad and took Tiger to school. When I got back to my parents' house my Mom had let her nerves get the best of her (last night). I then found out that she had an upset stomach and we went home.

I have been checking on her continually today and thankfully Monkey has not been sick anymore (knock on wood). All he want is whole wheat waffles and crackers. That is good though, I guess. He has been such a sweetie and we have had a really good day. He is resting now. The director from the school said I could bring him at 2pm and let him play outside with the other kiddos if I wanted. He feels fine and has had no fever. I think it was his lunch from yesterday that made him sick. We will not describe what beanie wienies looks like the second time around. YUCK!!!!

My mouth is hurting and I have to work 10 hour days tomorrow through Saturday. I will survive. I am just tired. When I take Monkey to school I think I will take a little nap.

I have managed to cook 8# of ground chuck, do 5 loads of laundry, unload and reload dw and think about supper plans (that was easy, it's leftovers!).

I hope you all are having a great day!



Mimi said...

I hope that you feel better soon.
Dental work is the absolute worst!

Nico said...

Oh my goodness, I hope that you and your family are all feeling better soon! Sending big hugs and well wishes your way :)

MyKidsMom said...

Ouch! Both to the dental work AND the cost. You sound like me in that I am SO thankful to have dental coverage, but those co-pays add up all the same. All 5 of us need work done right now (including 4 broken teeth) but the co-pays plus the booked up dates are killers. Still reminding myself I'm thankful all the same:)

Praying for your family as always. Take care, and try to get in some extra rest with that dental work. Hoping everybody recovers quickly.

Julie of blessedwith5 said...

Oh Dear you are really going through it! I am so sorry ! I hope you and yours recover quickly!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, when it rains, it pours......sending hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery to all!.....Ellie

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Bless your heart dear, I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Take care,

IF said...

Thank you for your prayers! I hope you feel better and recover quickly too! Will be praying for you to have a quick recovery!!!