Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Shopping

I decided since the boys were some better and off to school this morning that I should give today a whirl with a good ole grocery shopping day.


So I went to the Piggly Wiggly, here's what I got:

8# ground chuck
1.5 L twin pack Coke
2 # turnip greens
21 load Gain fabric softner

total $20.77 (that's with $3.10 in coupons)

Wal-Mart
24 ct. Nestle water
cheese bread
44 ct. fish stick
80 ct. fabric sheets
Honey Buches of Oats (19 oz.) cereal
3 Smart Taste 14.5 oz. Elbow pasta
4 cans Manwich
1/2 gal ice cream
3 - 24 ct. Red Diamond tea
3 # red s/l grapes
16 oz. cornstarch
Vicks medicated rub
ice oatmeal cookies
wheat bread
mini pretzels

Total: $35.34 (with $4.50 in coupons)

and now for CVS........

I shop for my parents and a friend (so I use their cards too)

15 Butler twin pk. toothbrushes (I got all Crayola ones for the kiddos) yes, that is 30 of them
9-12pk. Coke products
6 pk. Brach candy corn
3-32 oz. Powerade
3 just For Men haircololrs
4-29 ct. Huggies pull-ups
6-4 pk. Energizer D batteries
4 Children's Tyneol liquid
2-20 ct. Excedrin
3 Colgate toothpaste
2 gal. Clorox
4 Bumble Bee 6 oz. white albacore
3 Sure deos
Pert shampoo
Arm and Hammer cleaner

total $139.34 (I used $108.23 in CVS coupons and ECB)
(I used $22 in manny coupons)
(I will get a rebate back on the cleaner (arm and Hammer $2.99)
( i have $77.52 in ECB for next time)

I could have done better with the CVS transactions, but I was in a hurry and I still did pretty good, as it stood. Without any coupons or ECB I would have spent $269.57.

Today I spent $195.45. I saved $29.60 in manny coupons and $108.23 in CVS coupons and ECB.

I hope you all have a happy and blessed Monday!

2 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

Wow, great deals Marva. I really,really wish they would build a CVS out here. It sounds like a great place for deals.

Glad to hear the little guys are feeling better.

ADMIN said...

That's really some big savings, Marva! I saved $70 on my groceries this week with coupons, but I never do as well as you do!
How is your hubby doing back at work with his knee?