Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mom's Day Out With Mom

Yesterday my Mom and I got some much needed time together with out the boys being present. My sister-in-law, Ronda came over and watched them. Thank you Aunt Ronda!


I picked up my Mom and we headed to Birmingham to see the doctor. We have taken the boys with us since they were born and last year was a little too much going to see the ob/gyn with 2 year old twins in tow. At three years old and the curiosity they bear at ALL times I knew it would be too much for them and US! My Mom and I have not had a Mom/Daughter day since they were born. We saw the "female" doctor. Mom had a mammogram and the bone test.


We then went to Golden Corral for a yummy buffet style lunch. Then off to Aldi. She has never been there before and could not believe you could shop for groceries for those low prices. I bought $85 worth of food and had several reusable totes full. Then we hit the thrift store. I love purses, did I mention that I love purses?! Anyhoo, I got two new ones for $1.99 each and hubby 2 pairs of work jeans at $4.99 each. I found me a pair of short and a pair of capris too. As I was looking for hubby's work jeans. I spotted a pair of new Docker dress pants (dark denim). They were too small for hubby but they would fit my Daddy. Mom said she would get them. They were priced $4.99, but when we got to the register they were 75% off of that! Cha-ching!

After that we headed home! We had a tiring but wonderful day out and one that was much needed!

Do you ever get out with your Mom without the kiddos? What a blessing to be able to do so! Praise the Lord!

Blessings!!!

2 comments:

Nico said...

I'm so glad that you and your Mom had a wonderful girl's day :)

mamacantrix said...

Funny you should ask...my mama and I are going to my cousin's graduation party next weekend, just the two of us. It will be our first road trip together since before I was married! I'm soooo looking forward to it. Glad you had a great day with your Mama!