Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wednesday's Cooking Marathon

Last Wednesday I knew I had a lot to do. We were having mexican night at home with chicken burritos, cheese dip and chips and all american peach cobbler. For everyone else (my parents, uncle, aunt and father-in-law) I made Sweet Spanish cornbread, squash casserole, butterbeans, fried okra, potato salad and peach cobbler.

I had it all made and delivered by 2pm yesterday. I was so glad that it was over and done with. My parents really enjoyed it and we did too.

What's cookin' in your kitchen?

Blessings!

5 comments:

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Yummy! I'm sure everyone that benefited was so happy to have your amazing cooking!

Blessings,
Steph

Mrs. Darling said...

Right now nothing. Sunday I made a huge roaster full of meat balls for a picnic. Saturday I made a marble cake and a jello salad. Right now the kitchen lies unoccupied! :)

MyKidsMom said...

We LOVE Mexican food here, so it's chicken burritoes with Spanish rice this evening. Along with some leftover peach cobbler:)

ADMIN said...

Marva, that all sounds so good!Hre's what I did yesterday evening-
I made 2 big turkey meatloafs, one for now and one for later. I also roasted a chicken at the same time for brown bag lunches this week.I made a pan of mac and cheese w/ broccoli to go with the meatloaf. I need to bake some cookies and mini muffins for lunches, too. Maybe tomorrow! It's been hot, and I have been lazy!
Have a blessed day, Mimi

Heather said...

I'm trying a shrimp with alfredo sauce new recipe tomorrow night. Might put it on sandwiches or serve it with linguine. YUM!