Wednesday, January 28, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End (at least the sun)

The sun is gone and rain, sheets or rain has replaced it. The temp was still in the 60's upon wakening today, but is dropping quickly. It should bottom out in the mid 30's this afternoon.

The hairstylist is dropping by my house about 10 to give me a haircut. I am long overdue since the last one was in September. My hair has grown about 5 inches since then and is getting quite heavy. It is almost down mid back. I will be so happy to have a happy cut again.

I also need to run to the store for milk, yoohoo's and a few other things that we cannot live without. NOT! I'm sure we would do just fine without many things.

Things went well at the accountant. Much, much better than expected. Thank you Lord! We were shocked to say the least. We just have to decide what bills are going to be a $0 balance before the others and how much is going to the bank.

We made a BIG mistake buying something we were conned into. $3000 mistake to be exact! Anyhoo........we are living and learning. Now, to finish paying for it. It does have a lifetime warranty and no, it is not a piece of jewelry. I am really ashamed we forked over that kind of money. I should be hung out to dry!

We are having our Valentine's date this weekend, since my Mom's party is on valentine's Day (also her birthday). The plans are coming right along and I have to give Diane a big shout out. She is my cousin that is doing most of the work. Thank you! The boys being sick and her having more access to party places than I do here, it has been difficult to do. And she lives a few hours away in South Carolina.

My Dad is recovering nicely. The incision/burn was not as large as what we were expecting and that was a blessing in itself. We should know if it cancer soon.

Hubby and I are starting a marriage study class (conducted by a dear couple we are in church with) at church Sunday night. We are so excited.

I have lost a total of 10 pounds since the 31st of December. Not great, but I am happy with that.

Well, I have two little boys to get ready for Nana, so I'll see you later!

Blessings!

5 comments:

ADMIN said...

Congrats on the weight loss!
I'm due for a haircut, too. Have a fun day getting beautiful!

Nikki said...

Way to go on the weight loss! I'm glad that you're getting some rain; it's still cloudy here with no rain. Ugh!! Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny, though.

I would be glad to sell you that doily, but I have no idea what it is worth, so send me an email with what you would like to pay me for it. And we'll go from there!

MyKidsMom said...

10lbs since Dec.31st? What does it take to make you happy girl?!! LOL You should be proud of yourself, especially with all the sickness since then.

AND your hairdresser makes house calls? I'm assuming she must be a friend, right?

Have a great time on that date; maybe you could even post a pic of you and the hubby..;)

ellie mae said...

I agree. I would love to lose 10lbs. I lost 3 since jan and I sort of fell off the wagon for a couple of weeks. :( I love food. Thats my problem. LOL
You'll have to show us your new haircut. I want to cut my sooo badly but dh is having a hissy. He loves my long hair. I want it up to my shoulders. I want to feel like I have a style and not a mop on my head. LOL
Thanks for the sweet comment on my Valentines craft. I really had fun making them :)

whitsend6 said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog today! And for the prayers too.I'm thankful for the sunshine here today, even if it is a little cool.
Congrats on the weight loss. And the haircut too. :-) I'm getting one in a couple of weeks and am sooo excited!
The marriage study sounds good too. Where do you guys go to church? We're trying to find somewhere and it's so hard. Just haven't found somewhere we feel a part of yet.
Hope you have a good day!!