Monday, January 5, 2009

The Weekend Is Over, Yay!

i am not that excited, since it is before 5am and I am up and awake. I an tired and have a little cough and sore throat. See, normally I would take some mucinex and feel better as in yesterday. My eyes will not let me do that. I will have to call the eye doc and start special eye drops before I can take any cold/drainage meds. LOVELY!

I also have to call the dermatologist since I have an itchy, red, blistery like rash on both chins. One I really bad, all the way up and down the chin. The other chin it is only about 4 or 5 inches. Keep in mind I have really, really long legs.

I am glad the weekend is over, more so Saturday is what i am referring to. We had another Christmas get together with hubbys' family. One sister lives out of state and we had to wait for her to come home, so it was postponed until Saturday. There was way too many folks there. It was ina small cramped house with 30 or so souls all trying not to run all over each other, but hopw could we? We wer stacked on each other. It was miserable and the kids were very uncomfortable.

One of hubby's sisters has her 2 step kids there froma previosu marriage (number 3 I think) and their kids, husband and boyfriend was there. I had never met them excpet twice in twelve years, but they were invited. They were not asked to bring any food/drinks nada. The same sisters stepson (from her previosu marriage, number 5 I think) was there with his wife and her child. Never even met him, still didn't meet him. I think he was doped up. Who knows! They didn't bring anything to eat/drink. None of the ones above have been to a family get together in 12 years (since I've been around)!!!!

Then there was the oldest two nephews/their wives and one of them has two kids. They didn't bring anything either. That kind of ticks me off a little. I cut off and made 1 gallon of creamed corn and 2 (13x9)pans of dressing and took with two 2 year olds in tow. Yay, they could have brought something. They are in their 20's and should want to help. There was plenty, BUT it would have taken some of the pressure off of the rest of us.

I am just glad it is over! Then we were told it would be there again next year..........I won't tell you my thoughts.

Today looks busy once again. I was going to try plastic pants and real underwear with the boys only this week, but think I will postpone it until next week.

For those of you that have wanted other recipes from the menu planner I promise I will get them up. I had them up and blogger ate them! I will have to redo them.

I hope you all have a happy Monday! Many blessings!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Extended family makes the the holidays interesting! I hope that you feel better soon. I would wait on potty training until next week, you deserve a little break.

ADMIN said...

Hi Marva,
Let's all say it:
Hooray for the end of the holidays!
I hope that you feel better soon. My son gets a rash like yours on his legs sometimes, and Eucerin cream - the kind in a jar- really zaps it.
Take care!
Hugs,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

Hi Marva . . . I would have been irritated too! I really cannot stand people that can't do their share.

I too am glad the holidays are over!

MyKidsMom said...

Sounds like an interesting get-together. I would be glad to have it over with as well,lol. It's especially hard when you have toddlers in a cramped and way too crowded area like that. Maybe something will come up and you won't be able to make it next year;)

When you said on both chins you had me really wondering. I'm assuming you mean shin (as in the leg). Or I may be spelling it wrong myself:) Hope the rash goes away soon.

Anonymous said...

Marva- keep us posted on all the potty training madness, my toddler will be at that stage very soon! Even which store had the best deal on the plastic diapers, etc! I dread the expensive PUll-UPS!! Thanks, and happy end of holidays- been there last week with in-laws. Heather

mom2twins04 said...

Hey, good luck with the potty training. I let the twins run around in just a t-shirt and no bottoms until they got the hang of potting in their potty chairs.... I also had one of the toilet inserts and my little girl preferred that until she was big enough to sit on the big potty without the aide of that.... I did mine in the winter as well... I just kept the heat up higher... it took them a few weeks to get used to the feeling of using the potty.... Good luck!!!