Thursday, January 15, 2009

Can't Beat the Pig!

The Piggly Wiggly was having a $1 sale and hubby was home. Do you know what that means? Yep! I was there at 7 yesterday morning! This is what I got:

  • Spilt chicken breast (fresh, not frozen!) 4# $4.00
  • 2 Chex mix $2
  • 2 huge bags of Bugels $2
  • 3 Pringles canisters $3
  • 6 boxes Betty Crocker potatoes $6
  • 1 box Crunch N Munch (for hubby) $1
  • 3 Chicken helper $3
  • 4 family size Red Diamond tea bags $4

I had over $7 in coupons and total spent was $19.65! Yea! That made me so happy!

Total saved was $18.19 (accroding to the bottom of the slip).

What kind of grocery deals have you gotten lately?

Blessings!!!!

3 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

LOL That name is just so funny:) I know you Southerners are used to it, but I just have to chuckle when I hear it (Piggly Wiggly). Sorry.

Great deals Marva. I plan to stop and get some Kellogg's cereal for $1.50 a box today. Makes me really wish I had some coupons for those particular brands, but I never seem to have them coordinating with the big sales. I can be happy with $1.50 though, compared to $3.50 a box.

Nikki said...

What a good deal! We used to have a Piggly Wiggly here, but no more.

ADMIN said...

I used to love Piggly Wiggly when I was a child. Wish we had one here!