Friday, January 2, 2009

Banana Split Bread

Steph asked about this recipe, so here it is. This is an all time favorite and I always have the ingredients on hand.

1/2 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 c mashed bananas (2 large)
3 T milk
2 c all purpose flour
1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c chopped pecans

In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar. Beat in egg. In a small bowl, combine bananas and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.

Pour into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan. Bake at 350* for 65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.

When I slice this I serve it with low fat cool whip and a cherry on the top.

ENJOY!!!
Blessings!!!

4 comments:

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

yum...yum...YUM! Thanks so much for sharing!

ASHLEY said...

HI MARVA,
THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG, AND THANKS FOR COMMENTING. UNFORTUNATELY I THINK IT IS JUST THAT SHE DOES'NT CARE. IT IS SO TERRIBLY SAD. HER TWO OLDEST GIRLS DID'NT EVEN HAVE A PAIR OF PJ'S, SO I GOT THEM SOME FOR CHRISTMAS. THE LITTLE GIRLS ASKED ME AFTER SEEING MY KIDS IN PJ'S, IF THEY WERE FOR SLEEPING IN. CAN YOU IMAGINE? THANKS AGAIN FOR STOPPING BY.

ASHLEY said...

CAN YOU POST THE BAKED APPLE PANCAKES RECIPE? WE HAVE PANCAKES ON THE WEEKENDS AND I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE RECIPE.THANKS

Marva said...

Hi Ashley! I'll be glad to. it is kind of like a pancake/omlett.

No, I cannot even start to imagine....how sad!

Blessings!