Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chicken Alfredo on the Cheap

If you read the Pig post then you proabaly remember the cheap chciken and chicken helper. Usually lunches are sandwiches, raw fruits and veggies, salads or soups. I wanted some good, hearty, stick to your ribs food today. It is only 30ish for the high and that is COLD for this southern girl! I know many of you are much colder and all I can say is move South! LOL! Just kidding!

So this is what I came up with. I fixed the chicken alfredo helper as directed BUT
I only added one very large breast of chicken instead of the four it called four. It was plenty! I also added a can of small tender english peas. It was delicious!

1 piece of chicken $1
chicken helper $.70
1 can peas $.33

Total cost of lunch for 3 for 2 days $2.03! Yippee! Love it when you eat healthy on the cheap!

Blessings!!!

6 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

Wow, can't beat that! Especially for 4 people.

Mmmm..chicken alfredo sounds go good. Though I have to admit just about anything sounds good when I'm dieting..:)

ASHLEY said...

WOW, TALK ABOUT SOME CHEAP BUT GOOD EATS. I PLAN ON GOING THE PIGGLY WIGGLY TOMORROW TO STOCK UP THE FREEZER WITH CHICKEN. MY HUSBAND DOES NOT EAT HAMBURGER SO WE MOSTLY EAT CHICKEN. I ALWAYS HAVE MY MAMA AND SISTER ON THE LOOKOUT FOR CHICKEN THAT IS ON SALE. I ALSO LOVE GREAT DEALS AT THE GROCERY STORE SOME OF THE PRICES ARE CRAZY RIDICULOUS...PASS ALONG ANY OTHER SALES THAT YOU KNOW OF...THANKS!!!

ADMIN said...

We love chicken Helper!
You made me hungry!
Do you haCe a Dollar Tree? they have Hamburger Helper & Chicken Helper for $1.

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the visit and the advice! It gives me a few extra ideas I hadn't thought of. I just love the blog world. I've met so many wonderful helpful women here! Hope you'll visit again soon! ~Blessings!

Nico said...

Yum! Can I have lunch at your house :)

Amy said...

I love stretching meat like that- I always see how little I can get away with so I can stretch that buck a little further. Way to go with your inexpensive dish, Marva! Am so proud of you!