Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hopes of the New Year

I am going to list my goals and hopes of 2009. There are many and my prayer is that they all will have happened and be finished when I read this a year from now, while celebrating 2010! There is no particular order or significance

  1. Find and stick with an exercise program and start watching more of what I put in my mouth. My goal is to loose 36 pounds. I hope to see 165 and I will be very happy. I want to be healthy! For those of you that do not know I am 5'10" and wear a size 11 shoe.
  2. To start my card ministry back, I used to send cards out all of the time before I had the boys to anyone that was sick or down and out, etc.
  3. I hope to be more active in our church and particulary the women's ministry program.
  4. I hope more visitors in our home. I hope to feel confident enough to invite more frien ds over more often.
  5. I hope to read my new Bible from front to back.
  6. I hope to pay our one and only credit card off and start the boys college funds, all by April 1.
  7. I hope to have our driveway worked on and have the landscaping done.
  8. I hope to get the house washed and the front porch stained and weather proofed.
  9. I hope to build a back deck and the boys a wooden play set.
  10. I hope to finish my cookbook and finally get it published.
  11. I hope to see the boys potty trained (at least daytime) by their third birthday (March 22).
  12. To start an actual half day homeschooling program for the boys and stick with schedule.
  13. I hope to keep track of every dollar spent this year and reevaluate the yearly budget.
  14. I also hope to be a better wife, mommy, christian and daughter as well as sister and aunt.
  15. I will have my Christmas shopping done and all wrapped by December 1, 2009.
  16. I hope to be a better person all around and be more positive!
  17. I also wanted to add that I hope to take more time for me and take better care of myself as far as my nails, face, hair, ect. Take the extra few minutes like I used to.

There you have it! What are your hopes and goals for 2009? how did you do with last year's goals?

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds like a good list. Thanks for sharing it. There are a couple on your list that I would like to add to mine; that's why it's nice to share!

Leahann said...

I have found that Curves works best for me. It's 30 minutes of kid free me time. And I have to have some structure in my workout (do this, do that) otherwise I get off track and I don't continue it. Not sure if there is one in your area but I know they have special offers going on now for joining.

Your goals are great. You'll have to keep us posted as you accomplish them.

Mrs. Darling said...

Great list! Hope you see them all checked off by the New Yar next year!

MyKidsMom said...

Quite a list you have Marva. I really like your sending cards plan, I have been thinking I should do the same thing for so long, but just keep getting side-tracked from it. So hopefully this will be a good reminder to just do it!:)

At least on the blog front (because I of course can't observe you otherwise) I think of you as a very up-beat positive person. Sometimes knocked down, but not knocked out (does that remind you of a Bible passage?:). Which I think is also what draws people to your blog. Okay, and maybe the great recipes and savings as well:) Just wanted to tell you that.

Have a great weekend!