Thursday, January 22, 2009

Seasons of Life

There is a season for everything.......right now it happens to be my two little preemie twin boys claiming their independence. Today has been a wild ride. There have been lots of "no's" shouted from their mouths and many timeouts and a few spankings too. There has been quiet time in their rooms and time outs for mommy too. We got out for a bit and they acted as bad at my parents as they have at home.

There has been many little prayers sent up for grace and patience and wisdom and understanding.

The one thing that I took away from today is that today can never be repeated and for that I am sad. There were a couple of moments I am not so proud of......mostly the yelling parts.

Them sick, me sick, me dieting, them potty training, Daddy gone straight from work to a tourney game (nephew playing) and little appetites still small.......it has been a rough day.

I keep thinking about the verse that has gotten me through the last 34 months (they are 34 months old today)........I can do this because........

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."
God is so good and I will cherish each day even more than the last because I love those little ones so very much!

Have you had a challenge with your children today?

Blessings!

7 comments:

ellie mae said...

OHH Big hugs for you. I can totally relate. One of the sayings my mother always tells me especially when Im ready to pull my hair out is "This too shall pass"!. And it will. My babies are 11 now and its almost as if I blinked and over night they grew up. You know the verse about God will only give you what you can handle. Ive often have look up and ask Him "Are you sure??" LOL

IF said...

I love this verse and repeat it to myself often too!! Hang in there my sweet friend!! :)

Anonymous said...

You made me giggle with your question- my children do something every day to upset me! But they also have those angelic moments that remind me how I wouldn't want to be anywhere else doing anything else right now except being with them and loving them! I too, tell myself that this "season" of infant and toddler ages is so brief- I will make it thru!!! And so will you dear friend, I promise.

Nikki said...

Both of my children make me want to pull my hair out sometimes. It seems as if Daniel wants me to hold him all day long which, of course, I cannot do or I wouldn't get anything done. Even when I do hold him, he is not still. He wiggles and squiggles so he is not fun to hold. If he would just be still, it wouldn't be so bad!

Sarah Beth has decided that it is too much trouble to use the potty. She just goes in her pants. This past weekend I heard her twice while she was upstairs and I was downstairs running around up there. When I went to investigate, I found that she had wet her pants, finished up on the potty, flushed it, stripped herself, put on clean pants, and put the wet ones in my bathroom where the dirty clothes are. If she can do all of that, surely she can climb on the potty BEFORE she wets her pants. As I have been told, the key is to find the correct motivation. Obviously, m&m's are not the right one; now we are trying stickers, and they have been working great since yesterday.

All of this to say, that yes, I have challenges with my children, too.

Right now, Daniel is playing with aper he pulled out of the trash can. *Sigh*

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Big hugs, dear friend! With the sickies, the tiredness, and the twos, I can only relate half as much to what you're going through (since I only have 1!). Luckily, our sweet children are very loving and forgiving, so make sure to forgive yourself too! :)

Blessings,
Steph

whitsend6 said...

Hey! Just now saw your comment on my blog. Wanted to say hello and thanks for reading. I'm just getting started and we're trying to move but hopefully I'll be posting regularly before long. Do you guys live anywhere close to Huntsville?? Oh, and for the record I can totally relate to these kind of days. My two are 20 months apart..3 and 5 years old and they can be a handful. But I love 'em to death and wouldn't want to be doing anything else besides raising them for the world!! :-) Nice to 'meet' you! And hope to see you around blogland more.

MyKidsMom said...

It's that age:) The 2's and 3's are so very challenging. You sound like you're doing the right things discipline-wise. So just hang in there. I seriously thought about sending each of my children back around that time... okay, maybe not seriously,lol. But it was tempting;)