Monday, January 26, 2009

Facebook, Twitter and How Many More

Let me start by saying I am condemning no one and what you do is none of my business. However, this is about ME. After all, this is my blog. LOL! I love you all!

I have had several friends email me and want me to join this group or that group and they think I am just being a stick in the mud. I guess I am writing this as kind of an open letter of sorts.

I love blogging, but sometimes there is little time for even that. I refuse to join another form of web communication. I do good to keep up with my blogging. I have way too much going on in my life for anything else that doesn't have to exist. Things are crazy now, but when I start back to work on the farm during harvest and those 80 hour weeks start, I won't be on here much either. Isn't that right Mrs. Darling?! Tell'em about farm life!

My little boys and hubby need me way too much and I enjoy keeping it simple! My house needs to be kept, clothes washed and put away, food bought and cooked, prayers said, devotions read, boo boo's kissed, hands held, hugs and kisses given and received and life lived with my little family.

Blogging is a hobby, not a necessity. I love it and do not intend to give it up, nor do I intend to join another weblife group.

All that being said, thank you for the invites and God bless you in your adventures!

Blessings!

5 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I did join facebook about two years ago. Yes, its a big waste of time and I rarely go there. I dont see how people spend so much time on facebook! There really isnt anything to do. I dont get it!

MyKidsMom said...

I second you here Marva. I'm always wondering how people can do all these social networking things; who has the time? I suppose maybe that's their social outlet, but again, who has the time? LOL I love blogging because it's more of a journal, with the added benefit of getting to know people through their everyday activities. To each their own I guess:)

ellie mae said...

I also agree. Ive had about 6 people in the last month invite me to join them on facebook. I also dont feel like I have the time. Its hard enough keeping up the schooling, and my DH business. I want my life simple :)

Nikki said...

I agree, Marva. I may join Facebook just so I can keep in touch with friends that live elsewhere. I gave in an joined ravelry a while ago, and it's just a waste of time. If I find that about Facebook, I will be like Mrs. Darling and just not go.

Tiffany said...

Kudos to you. actly where you're comming from. I know exzI do have a facebook account for all my long lost friends from gradeschool, highschool and college. Most of them don't even know I have a blog. This is really just for me, and whoever happens upon my blog. I'm like you, if I have time great, but life is more important.~Blessings!