Saturday, January 24, 2009

Did I Hear You Right?


Thursday while at my parents I heard my Mom ask my brother if he got here laptop ordered. Do what????? You gotta be kidding me. Now, let me just tell you there is nothing wrong with that, I am happy beyond belief!

It is just that I was surprised, very surprised. My Mom doesn't like technology. They do not even have a dvd player or a digital camera. She still uses her trusty 35mm for all picture taking.

So, I am thrilled and hope to introduce her to blogging, in the near future! the picture above is my mom picking squash (last Spring)........her normal dress is classier than the farm attire.......trust me you do as little as you have (as far as dressing, make up, ect.) to when you're a farmer.
Blessings!!!

3 comments:

ASHLEY said...

THIS SO REMINDS NE OF MY MOTHER...SHE ALSO HAS A GARDEN EVERY YEAR.....AND SHE WON'T EVEN TOUCH MY DADS COMPUTER. AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT HOW TO SEND OUTGOING EMAIL I WILL RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION....MY EMAIL IS MENDOZAASHLEY@BELLSOUTH.NET. I CAN RESPOND IF SOMEONE EMAILS ME FIRST....SO I AM NOT VERY GGOD AT THE COMPUTER MYSELF!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful - you will probably need to make yourself available for her - I have been there, done that. Be prepared to shake your head and repeat yourself many times. My parents took a while to catch on.

Hope your boys are feeling better!

Hugs,

MyKidsMom said...

Great picture Marva. It makes me yearn for Spring and my much smaller garden:) Hubby had to coax me into getting a digital camera (for over a year). I finally gave in, and now I'm kicking myself I didn't give in sooner. Some technology is definitely a good thing.