Thursday, January 8, 2009

What Today Held

Let me first start by saying that my father-in-law was released from the hospital, diagnosed with congestive heart failure. The doctor evidently thought he was stable enough. He will likely take lasix for the rest of his life. He seemed in good spirits and seemed like he felt much better this morning when I checked on him.

I had some errands to run today, so i have been out most of the day. At least the morning and them again this evening. I went to the post office, paid the water bill, ran to CVS and Wal-Mart and had a Subway for lunch. My Mom kept the boys while I was on the go. I got back in time to put the boys down for a nap. Monkey slept 3 HOURS and 40 MINUTES!!! I put groceries away and balanced the checkbook and also paid bills. I had put some laundry on earlier, so I tackled that next. Then Tiger and I just hung out and read books and cuddled until Daddy got home from work and Monkey woke up. We rushed supper together and then changed clothes, quite quickly I might add. We got the boys bag ready and headed to pick up my Daddy for my youngest nephews last regular season basketball game. It was a real nail biter! They lost at the buzzer by one point. SAD!

On a happier note, while waiting for the boys to emerge from the locker room, I talked with a new friend from church (her son played on the opposing team). We have a lot in common and we were invited to lunch with her family. She is super sweet and I cannot wait to get our families together for some great fellowship!

Home we came and dropped my Daddy off, got the boys ready for bed and got the trash out for the morning pick up.

We are now watching the Oklahoma and Florida game. Go GATORS!!!!

Hubby is off tomorrow as there is not enough work to go around. I hope to get some projects tackled. Yay! He just rolled his eyes!lol!

Thank you all for your prayers for Hoyle and many blessings tonight and always!

2 comments:

ADMIN said...

I'm glad to hear that your father in-law is out of the hospital.
My dad also has congestive heart failure, as well as cancer. Please tell your fil to be extra careful around people with colds or the flu, as he is now very susceptible to the flu and pneumonis, which are very serious for congestive heart patients.
Blessings to you and your family,
Mimi

Mrs. Darling said...

So glad your father in law is home. Isnt it lovely when kids nap longer than expected? :)