Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Potty Types

Heather asked which potty we had bought for the boys to use. Being as frugal as I am, we bought one for $10 at the multiples club sale. It sings and makes the flushing noise, except we never put batteries in it. We also scrubbed it down with clorox before use!


And then we thought we needed another one, so the business owner (our neighbor) across the highway was having a yard sale and I got it for $3. It was a plain jane kind of potty. We used both for awhile but now the boys are too tall for them, especially the musical one. They will be three in March and are 44 and 45 inches tall already. We have the plain one in the closet as an emergency spare and sometimes on long trips it accompanies us with a plastic bag and a towel underneath it in the back of the Durango.


We also have a soft potty seat (Bob the builder) for our regular toilet.

I was going to link to the potties but it seems I cannot find them. They must be outdated. I also think the simpler the better. MY boys are easily distracted. That was the main reason we never put batteries in the one that was musical. I hope this helps.

Many blessings!

2 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

I'm sure glad my potty/toilet doesn't sing; that definitely would be distracting,lol. It's interesting that they feel the need to "dress" them up. I wonder how many people are like you and just leave the batteries out?:)

Wow, it would definitely be challenging to train two at once. I wish you the best of luck on that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Marva! Jake and daddy picked out a new toliet at the store today. They got a Safety first Comfty Cushy Potty. No bells or whistles. Jake was so excited to open it up and sit on it right away. My only complaint so far is the pee pee guard is too low/little for him. But he is happy to be on the potty!