Thursday, January 29, 2009

What a Pleasure!

You know, tonight as I stood at our bed and thought about all of the clothes, linens and towels that were awaiting me to fold them, I had a thought. Wow! I am so blessed. How many people do not have that, a washer and a dryer. Healthy hands to fold the laundry. How many do not have water and washing detergent? How many pass off the folding as just another chore?

What a pleasure to be able to fold the laundry and have clean clothes for my family.

I am in pain, real pain tonight. I went to the dentist today to have the permnament crowns put on the top front two teeth and stayed in the chair for 3 hours straight. They were very busy. There was NO pain numbing meds today......my gums hurt, but how blessed I am. I had the money to pay for it, a warm and safe vehicle to get me there. Two wonderful parents to care for my children while I was away and a terrific, hard working hubby earning the money for the charge. I came home with the repaired temporary on and the crowns going back, to be reshaped and sized. One was much wider than the other. I am so, so blessed though.

Tell me about your blessings.......what have you been blessed with?

God is so good, all of the time!

Blessings and Sweet Dreams!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are very blessed with all of our "helpers" aren't we? I am so very thankful for washers and dryers.

The chili was wonderful - if you would like the recipe, I will share it with you.

Hugs and love

Anonymous said...

We are very blessed with all of our "helpers" aren't we? I am so very thankful for washers and dryers.

The chili was wonderful - if you would like the recipe, I will share it with you.

Hugs and love

Dina said...

As i read this post I immediately thought of my kids' bedtime. I get so angry with them cause I cannot tell the amount of times they come back out of bed needing to either hug me or kiss me or just tell me something or just go to the bathroom etc...... then I think about it really hard and I say hey I am blessed because first of all god gave me two beautiful children and one on the way ;).....and they are lively, lovely and cheerful. What more could I want and it is such a pleasure to have them around annoying me at times and driving me crazy and making me laugh too for they are just children !!! So yes I think I have been blessed! ! Lovely lovely post..

This made me think how much at times we grumble and complain and just don't realize that we are so blessed!!

Nikki said...

We really are blessed, aren't we? And we take so very much for granted. I get aggravated when my children don't nap, when they fuss for no reason, when they demand more time than I have. I forget what blessings they truly are. Thank you for the reminder.

ADMIN said...

Good morning, Marva!
I am blessed to have my children and husband to love and support me, my little dogs to comfort me,my home, and my health.
Hugs,
Mimi

Southerner said...

Why do you always do this when I am going through some phychotic mental woman state?

MyKidsMom said...

Amen sister! Though I have to laugh at Southerner's comment, as I just did a "depression" type post myself;)

But even in my low times, I DO remind myself that I am indeed very blessed. It's really the only way to live life.

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Isn't it all about our perspective? That's why I keep my gratitude journal, to remind me about the little things, and keep my perspective.

We recently had a huge scare with my stepson. He found a tumor, which came back positive for lymphoma. Thankfully, after nearly 3 weeks of worry, we know that the cancer hasn't spread, and that he got the best prognosis we could have hoped for. He still has a long road ahead of him, as this is something he'll deal with the rest of his life, but what a blessing that they were able to remove all of the cancer! I am still not feeling like I'm able to blog about this on my blog, but at least I can talk about it now without bursting into tears.

Blessings,
Steph