This is what we are doing and going to incorporate in the next couple of years (as the boys will begin to understand more).
WARNING: We are Christians. Not to offend anyone. These are our personal beliefs and are not being pushed on anyone. Please skip this post if you are offended by Christian values.
Now, on to the good stuff!
- Adopt a family from the angel tree.
- Send cards
- Have family and kiddos pictures made.
- Make a gingerbread house
- Select a new ornament for each child and one for us as a married couple each year.
- Advent calendar- Talk about how many more days until Jesus' birthday and not how many more days until Santa comes.
- Decorations are focused on nativities, angels, ect. We do have a couple of Santa things though. Most are focued from a Biblical aspect.
- The boys have their own Little People Nativity, that they pretend with.
- Jesus is "born" to all of our nativites on Christmas morning.
- We bake a birthday cake for Jesus and sing "Happy Birthday" to him.
- We see Santa only once and do a picture.
- Santa brings each child 3 gifts. This is a way for the 3 gifts that the Wisemen brought to Jesus to be honored and remembered.
13. We drive around and look at Christmas lights.
14. We go to our Annual Christmas parade.
15. And last but not least, we set an amount (of money) for presents from Mommy and Daddy.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!