Monday, December 24, 2007

No Compliants Here Other Than Tiredness!

Over the weekend it was a busy, chaotic and quite hectic. The twins turned 21 moths old and we traveled a lot.
We had a get together Friday pm, 2 on Saturday and 3 yesterday after church. .
I have cooked, baked, shopped, wrapped, chopped and frozen until my heart is MORE than content.
All of my mix orders are out. MY business is finished at least for Christmas.
I am BLESSED. Yes, Christmas is tomorrow and I REFUSE to be stressed (although I told hubby last night next year I will start in August!).

Over the weekend things were set in perspective for me. My husband is a wonderful driver (praise God). He's driven an 18 wheeler since he was 21 (so, 10 years on that side). He is a hazardous waste driver and has NEVER had an accident. Anyhow, on Saturday night we had been to some friend's house (an hour and a half away) and we were cut off by a car that actually stopped in the middle of the 4 lane interstate after the cut-off. Thankfully there was another open lane for us to get into. Thank you Jesus!

However, we made a quick stop in Trussville at Aldi (they close at 8) and then went to the other part of T'ville to Target. in order to go home we have to come back by Aldi. When we came up on the intersection that we had just been in 30 minutes earlier it was awful. There was a 4 car accident. Blood, glass, people trapped in vehicles. One mini-van upside down. There was a lady in a SUV. There was no one in the pick-up. Another mini-van on a rollback. It was smashed to nothing. There was a car seat hanging out of the back glass and I saw 2 covered by blankets on the ground. The coroner was there and it was so sad. I cry as I type this. This is not to make any one's Christmas sad but merely a reminder. We are all so blessed. We all have our problems. Unless the Lord intervens this will be my mil's last Christmas. Her cancer is inoperable and incurable inside of what the medical professionals can do. This time last year we were told one of our twins would not see his next. He is here and NORMAL! God is so good! Please remember the reason for the season. I had lost sight of it earlier but things were put in perspective as I saw that accident seen and then I looked in the back of our SUV and saw my little blessings safely strapped in their seats sleeping away. Thank you Jesus! I do have much to accomplish today but i am thankful. My loved ones are here and safe. I can enjoy this season and be thankful. Now, off the soapbox.

Have a Blessed and Safe Christmas Season!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Whenever I am stuck behind a slow driver and am getting impatient, I always think that maybe God is using this delay to keep me from something, like a wreck. And when I am in a near-miss, I thank God that it was just a near-miss, now that I have Sarah Beth in the backseat and this little boy inside of me. Having children changes your point of view, doesn't it?

Merry Christmas to your family. I bet you will have so much fun with your little boys!

Marva said...

It was so much fun! Yes, children have a way to remind us to slow down and take things into prespective!