Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happenings...........


Well, I'm still here! Yay for that, I guess. I am trying to be positive, but I think Satan is having a field day in my life lately. I am cammanding him to leave me alone and I am taking control back, now. I am going to stomp him back to his home and I command him to stay there and out of my life. I am a child of the KING and I have the power! In his name AMEN!!!!!!!! (Yes, I am pentecostal).

Here's the low down.........

I have migraines really bad (usually involving squinting of the eyes (light hurts so bad) and severe vomitting). I have medicine and take it when I feel one coming on. Our insurance only pays for 6 of these pills every 30 days. Usually that is enough to last. Usually they are only brought on by hormones (MALE READERS STOP READING NOW!!!) . However, the stress factor is at an all time high. I am SEVERLY anemic and to treat that, I have to be kept on a bc pill that only gives a cycle every 3 months. After I had the boys I bleed from March 22 until July 4!!!! When my hormones start changing the week before the cycle begins all hades breaks loose!!! The migraines hit without warning and at the worse times! So, with all that (too much) info being said, I have had a migraine since last Friday!!! I am down to 1 migraine pill until the 28th!!!

My Mom is still down in her back. This is how my mil's cancer's started it's symptoms. My Mom is also a smoker. I am trying to persaude her to have some tests run just to rule that out......my persauding is not too good ! Please pray for this situation.

Hubby is working from leaving for work at 3am and returning home around 7pm from work. He is exhausted. To make matters worse he is doing my brother's (he and his family are in Virginia skiing) job on the farm and feeding the cattle and so on so forth, when he returns home from his job.

We also lost (they died) a cow and calf due to laboring complications.

Yesterday morning on his way to work he stopped and gassed up his pick-up. The pump would not take his card outside. He went inside, the cashier ran the card 3 times and it was declined. It said to contact our bank. Thankfully he had just put $100 in his wallet for emergenices the night before. Hubby calls me. I check online. Someone had pumped $186.00 in fuel at a Texaco in El Paso, TX and charged it on hubby's check card number!!!! Hubby has his check card. The bank suspects someone used a card reader at somewhere like a drive thru and then sold the number. They say this is happening more and more frequently.........SCARY!!!!!! So we were refunded the money, card cancelled and new one issued.

I ordered the boy's birthday cakes today....party Saturday! I also went to Shoe Show. They had the cutest black and red sandles for the boys clearanced to $5 per pair. I got them each a pair. I also got cute orange tee's for them at Wally World for $4.86 each that read "My parents are exhausted!" Too cute. I also CVS ed today. Savings are posted separately.




It has been determined that my mil had a stroke Thursday night and that is what put her in the comatosed state. She is again running a fever. They are saying 2-3 days once again. Noone really knows that, only the Lord. Please continue prayer for this situation.

The weather folks are predicting more tornadic weather tonight and tomorrow for us......please pray!

I also have been cooking supper for my parents almost nightly and I am so tired (and my head aches). I need to get offline and get busy working on supper for all of us.

I hope your day was blessed, have a great night! Blessings!!!!!

10 comments:

Southerner said...

We leave in the AM for Gatlinburg so I don't know if we will have internet access up there. I hope that you quickly get over the migraines- I get them also but am able to know when one is coming and head them off from getting to the naucious state. You do have a full load right now and I pray for you to be able to persist through it. I hope the boys have a very special birthday.

The Modest Momma said...

Marva, hang in there and keep thinking happy thoughts. I have to say a big Amen to your first paragragh. The Devil will do anything to ruin your day. Just keep remembering God and how much he loves you. Big Hugs! Melinda

Nico said...

Praying for you and your family too! I hope that your migraine is better soon, I know how miserable those can be. Get well, and big hugs to you dear friend!

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers to you! Remember....this too shall pass! (hopefully VERY quickly!)Blessings..... Ellie

MyKidsMom said...

May I just say that I think you are absolutely amazing! You have had so many trials in the last few months (mil, sickness, weather,ect.) and you still are taking such good care of your family and fighting to stay on top. I'm not saying you never get discouraged (who doesn't) but I think you have born things very gracefully. And been a very good example of a christian who is "Knocked down, but not knocked out".

I also have migraines, and hormone problems. I wish so much I could help you in that area. It's hard to believe the insurance company doesn't allow more medicine, who would take that stuff if they didn't really need it anyway? So I'm going to pray that God will just stay those migraines and keep them away. Take care sweet friend~

Marva said...

Thanks Southerner! Hope you all have a wonderful time! Blessings!!

Marva said...

Thanks Melinda! Hugs to you too sweet friend!!! Blessings!!!!

Marva said...

Thanks Nico! Blessings on you and yours! Hope you and your family get well soon!

Marva said...

Thak you Ellie! We are hanging in there! Blessings!!!!

Marva said...

Thanks mykidsmom...... You are such a sweet friend! many blessings on you!!!!!