Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tornado Damage Update

The damage is quite severe. My in-laws still have no power and no land line phones. Cell phones are finally going through most of the time. Their house is splitting down the middle. There are tarps over that area. It is contained to one end mainly. There is debris everywhere around their home and large trees down.

There is a single wide trailer near them, that is lived in by several Hispanic families. A tree split it through the middle.

Trees, power lines, phone lines, power poles and debris is everywhere. I am not sure about deaths. Everyone is fine at my in-laws. My fil's boss got an electrician and a generator to them to use for my mil's oxygen for time being.


My husband pulled up at our house about 5:30pm and I had never been so glad to see him in all of my life. Thank you Lord for bringing my husband back to me! I think he was glad to see me too.;)

Thank you for your prayers during this time. Blessings on you.........

6 comments:

Southerner said...

I have been out all day so have not seen your previous post or this until now. I am glad that your family is all safe. Hang in there. It seems as if God is really using a lot of circumstances to draw you close and allow you to grow in Him. Cling to Him and not try to fix things or handle them in your own way or strength. He is in control and has a reason for allowing each thing. I know that doesn't make it easier or hurt less but it does give you something to cling to. Cling to the truths that you know of who God is. He is your strength. He is your protector. He is your shield. He is your comforter. He is the light upon your path. HE IS! Love ya, Holly

Nikki said...

I was wondering how you came out with those storms. You seem to get them worse than we do. I'm glad that everyone is okay, but I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Nikki said...

I just "tagged" you. I know you don't have time for this right now, but get to it when you can. Come on over to see what that means.

ADMIN said...

Oh Marva, I am so happy to hear that you are all fine, Sending prayers and hugs for all.

Nico said...

Praying for you and your family too.

MyKidsMom said...

It's amazing that something can swoop in and cause such damage like that.

Our prayers are with your family, and the many others affected.
Take care~