Friday, March 14, 2008

Not Much Time

All week there has not been much time.......it seems. I have run all week and am just give out. We've had 2 family friends to pass. My Mom is out in her back (as bad as I've ever seen). My Dad has to lift her out of the bed every morning. My boys are in the trying twos! Boy, are they trying me times TWO!!! They had speech therapy this week and we had two doctor's appointments as well. We had $40 tickets to go to a southern gospel singing this weekend for hubby's birthday and had reservations at a hotel to stay overnight.....well that isn't happening. My parents were going to have the boys over to their house. My Mom CANNOT even dress herself! Bless her heart! I went to Wal-Mart and CVS yesterday. I had the worst migraine ever!!!! No exaggeration! I vomitted 3 times and it just hurt even worse. I had to get my parents some groceries. I have been doing their cooking.....all of it this week. I also had to get my mom's medicines filled. My Dad has not been feeling great and his vision (had surgery almost 3 weeks ago) has NOT leveled out as of yet.

My mother's helper leaves for a 10 day class trip to Europe today and my bestfriend (C.T.) and her daughter leave for a 4 day trip to the Gulf today. These are my "backups". MY friend "L" and her hubby that have the b/g twins the same age as our boys are going to see Disney Clubhouse live, so that's out. We have tried to sale the tickets to no avail. Then there's my mil.........bless her Lord!

Hubby had to leave from work yesterday, she was so bad. There was no work for him to do today........the Lord knows these things and plans accordingly.

We got the call a little while ago. My fil told my husband, "there's not much time, you need to come on.". My mil is much worse and this morning almost seems in a comatose state. The Nurse siad after examining here yesterday maybe a couple more days. She is still at home, as there is nothing else that can be done for her.

I wish so badly I could be there with my husband......I hurt for him. He is not as close to his own parents as he is mine. But, it is his family and he needs to be there. He does hurt and has never had to deal with this type thing before. I am awaiting him to call anytime. I will keep you updated. Please keep them in your prayers.

Before I forget about it, one of his three sisters lives 14 hours away. She had a flight through Southwestern today and it was cancelled yesterday. All of their flights have been cancelled (as to what I was told). Anyhow, the soonest she could get here would be tonight and each ticket would be in the neighborhood of $1000.00. Her name is Sharon. Please keep her in your prayers in her journey.

This is so hard on everyone.............

Blessings on your day!!!!

9 comments:

Nikki said...

I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.

ADMIN said...

Sending prayers and hugs. I hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Marva, I am so sorry to hear about the dispear in the family right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and dear hubby's family.

Hugs
Vicki(wheezymom)

Anonymous said...

Marva.....sending prayers and hugs to all of you! Ellie

Anonymous said...

Marva,
Sorry about your day, and the canceled plans. Throw in a movie for the twins and try to rest a little. YOu do so much for your family. Sending prayers, Heather

Mrs. Darling said...

So sorry Marva. Hugs and prayers!

Southerner said...

WOW! I prayed for all of these situations before I began to post. One of the things that I prayed for is that you are able to have a sweet calm spirit to walk through the disappointment about your plans for the weekend and to just be a blessing to your mom and dad and then to all the family on your husbans's side. I am sorry for all of this.

Marva said...

Thank you all for your comments! You are all such wonderful friends! Blessings!!!

Marva said...

Thank you all for your comments! You are all such wonderful friends! Blessings!!!