Monday, March 24, 2008

The Yuckies.......Once again

Saturday morning the boys got up not feeling well. They were sneezing and rubbing their eyes like they were itchy. We had some prescription meds for them and I called the pharmacy to see if it would work for allergies too. It would. I thought great! After the party was over we went to eat with some friends from out of town. When we got home we had two yucky feeling little boys.
Saturday night Hubby spent the night with his Mom to help his sisters see after her. I was not feeling so good and the boys were up most of the night too. Did I mention that I depise staying by myself?
Sunday morning's Easter church service was a no go. We were tired and sick. The runny noses started and the fevers and the coughs......need I go on? Nor did we hide and hunt eggs. I called Hubby and he came home about 10am. Last night I slept in the boys bedroom floor and my body aches from that this morning. My throat is so sore and swollen and red. I am drinking my vinegar, honey and lemon juice rememdy. It helps only for a short time. I am worried that I might have strept or something.

The boys fevers have subsided, but ther noses are still pouring. They are not eating well and just plain out do not feel good at all. So the yuckies are back once again.

Update to my mil's condition: She is not far from death. So is getting worse and they have started continous care for her through Hospice. Organs are starting to show signs of shutting down. She has not had a bite of food in her mouth in over a week now. She is completely nonresponsive. Please keep my Hubby in your prayers as well as his family.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter! I will get to PART 3 of the boy's story in a day or so. Also get the party pics up and the details to go witht them. Many blessings and have a great week!

8 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Definitly praying for your family. Arent you just tired of this crud? It seems like the kids will never be well again around here. I guess we'll all have to pray for warm summer days when the fresh ai can get rid of the germs!

More than Survival said...

Dear Heavenly Father,
I lift up to you this family. Draw them close in this difficult time! Thank you for your healing powers at work in the family! I pray comfort, I pray peace, strength and joy into their home! In Jesus' name!

MyKidsMom said...

I'm SO sorry you all have the sickness again. I almost feel guilty that my kids have avoided most of what's going around this season; but then it's always worse with the little ones.

Looking forward to the party pictures!

And we will continue to pray for the family and your mil. Take care~

Nico said...

Marva, I hope that everyone is feeling better soon! This has been one miserable flu season, both kiddos are still sick here too, and last night my hubby came down with it again. Big hugs to you and get well soon!!!

Marva said...

Thanks Mrs. Darling! We are definately looking forward to some warm weather here with a lot less germs! Blessings!!!!!

Marva said...

Thank you for the beautiful prayer Heather! It really means a lot to our family. Blessiings!!!!

Marva said...

For Pete's sakes don't feel guilty mykidsmom. Somebody has to get sick......right? He He! We'll be better soon. I just hope that this is the last round!
thank you for the prayers! Blessings!!!!

Marva said...

Praying for you and yours too Nico! Blessings!!!!