Saturday, March 29, 2008

Waiting and Watching

I am not even sure where to begin.

The boys had vaccinations and dentist appointments on Wednesday. They both were feeling lousy for a couple of days. I suspect that they knew something was transpiring as well. Jesus was getting ready to bring Maw Maw home.

Thursday my mil was getting worse. We had all seen this before and on many occasions and she had always turned it around. Not this time though. Thursday night my Hubby got in from work about 7pm and called to check in on his Mom. His three sisters were there and had been that day. She was getting worse but the sisters encouraged him to stay with me and the boys and get some rest he had worked an 18 hour day. He stayed and at 5:30 am Friday morning his Dad called (he will be 80 next month). He could barely speak. I asked if if there was time and he said hurry. Hubby made it with 10 minutes to spare. His Mom passed at 6:06 am. I hurried up there after grabbing 20 biscuits at Jack's and dropping the boys at my parents. I got there about 7:45am. She suffered the last half hour or so. She basically drown in her own fluids. It was so hard for Hubby to watch his Mom suffer like that. She was looking at each of her children with pleading eyes. She had not eaten a bit of food in a long time. She had been non responsive in the last 24 hours of life.

There were eight deceased ahead of her. That is why we are waiting. The visitation will be Sunday night. The viewing will be open casket for the family and then closed. The funeral will be Monday at 2pm. She will be cremated.

We ordered flowers today and I am getting clothes ready. I had other errands to run today. Yesterday i spent the majority helping my three sil's clean my in-laws home, doing laundry and receving visitors. Hubby stayed the night with his Dad last night. He is home tonight.

I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this time. I am truly exhausted. I did nap today will the boys napped. Thank you in advance for your understanding of my lack of posting. I have been reading your blogs but just cannot comment right now. I hope to catch up with you all soon though.

Please say a special prayer concerning the my sils, my fil and my Hubby. There is some tension right now and i cannot go into details but Hubby is caught in the middle. the sils are half siblings to my Hubby and taking care of my fil seems will fall to Hubby and I. Enough said......please just pray. Pray God will change hearts.

I love you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart. God is so good!!!! Praise HIS name!! Blessings!!!!!!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Marva, I am sorry for your loss. Reading your story here brings back so many memories of my dad's passing... that was 12 years last month, and sometimes feels like just yesterday. I'll be praying for your family in the days ahead--tomorrow and Monday during calling hours and services, and then in the days beyond that as you make adjustments in your lives and oh so slowly find a new normal. Your encouragement and grace have been such blessings to me; rest in God's love and comfort, knowing that He has PROMISED that He will never leave you comfortless.
With much love,
Danita (ditarae)

Nico said...

Praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

Marva, you and your family are in my prayers.
Love, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all.....Ellie

Nikki said...

Know that you and your family are still in my prayers.

ADMIN said...

I am praying for you all. May there be peace and a change of heart. God Bless you, Marva.

Kylie's Mom said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You'll be in my prayers.

-Susan.

Anonymous said...

Dear Marva, I was sad to read of your loss.....and rejoicing that your sweet mother-in-law is healed and walking the streets of gold with her beloved Lord. I pray that you and your husband will feel the loving arms of Christ around you and that your fond memories will also bring you comfort....you have been a wonderful caring daughter-in-law.....God Bless, Pam, South Bend

Anonymous said...

Marva,
May your family find peace and comfort during this hard time. lots of love, Heather

MyKidsMom said...

I'm so sorry your mil had to suffer like that in the end, I can't even imagine having to go through that. Of course our prayers will be with all of you. And it does seem like high stress situations like this sometimes bring out family problems that only add to all that stress.

I had checked for posts the end of last week and wondered about your absence, but figured you were just really busy. So sorry it was this.

Southerner said...

I am praying for you. One hour at a time right now is all you have to do. Remember to not worry about tomorrow but cling to what you can do today at this moment and just keep solid for your Hubbie.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a difficult time, what a blessing to your mother in law that family could be close by at the last.

Take Care,

Trixie

Marva said...

Thanks Danita! I can only imagine what you are still facing each day. He will sustain us forever. Blessings!!!!

Marva said...

Thanks nico! Blessings!!!!

Marva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marva said...

Thank you so much Elizabeth.

Blessings!!!!!

Marva said...

Thanks Ellie! Blessings!!!!

Marva said...

Thank you Nikki! Blessings!!!!!

Marva said...

Thanks Mimi! Blessings!!!!!!

Marva said...

Thanks Susan! Blessings!!!

Marva said...

Thanks Pam! I have tried so hard to do the right thing. Many blessings!!!!

Marva said...

Thanks Heather! Blessings!!!

Marva said...

Thanks mykidsmom. She is walking in heaven with the Father and is without the pain now.:)

Blessings!!!!

Marva said...

Thanks southerner! I am doing my best. I just do what needs to be done and am taking time with my sweet husband. Many Blessings!!!

Marva said...

Thank you Trixie. God is so good. Many blessings!!!